Senior Internal Auditor (French Speaker)
Director of Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management
- As the Senior Internal Auditor will conduct or lead internal audits of LWR & IMA country offices and HQ units in accordance with International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards and LWR & IMA policies and procedures.
- Prepares timely reports on LWR & IMA operations that are based upon disciplined audit programs as documented in professionally prepared workpapers.
- Works collaboratively with LWR & IMA staff to share knowledge, perform root cause analysis, and agree on practical and effective recommendations for continuous improvement, operational efficiency, and effective risk control.
- Responsible for the conduct and plans all aspects of the internal audit engagement.
- Leads entrance and exit meetings. In the normal course of an audit, the Senior Auditor communicates the purpose of the audit, defines information required from auditees, explains findings and recommendations, and design practical and sustainable follow-up requirements.
- Conducts performance assessments of audit team members after an engagement, and coaches audit team members in their development of skills and capabilities.
- Performs reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Gives an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls, management’s risk response, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to LWR & IMA policies and procedures.
- Performs site visits as required at subrecipients’ offices to assess partner capacity to implement effective internal controls.
- Performs site visits of LWR& IMA and subrecipient supply chain and warehouse functions to inspect the condition of commodities and to evaluate internal controls systems.
- Performs investigations to detect and deter corruption, fraud, or waste.
- Performs assessments of information technology general controls.
- Produces findings and recommendations that are developed and are presented in the required format and referenced to supporting documentation in the workpapers.
- Prepares and indexes workpapers, ensuring that files are organized, legible, and logically developed to support the internal audit report’s conclusions.
- Bachelor degree in an analytic discipline required, such as accounting, finance, business, economics, statistics, or computer science.
- Certifications: CPA, CIA, CFE, and/or CISA, required.
- Proven data analytics skills.
- Minimum of ten years experience in progressively responsible roles within an internal audit, risk management, and/or compliance function.
- Work experience in international development, management consulting, public accounting, or Office of the Inspector General preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members.
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma methodology and tools, desired.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations such as 2 CFR 200, AIDAR, FAR, Standard Provisions etc.
- Knowledge of DFID rules and regulations such as supplier’s compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of applying risk concepts to identify risk events to business objectives, identifies business improvements and opportunities, and effectively analyzes cause-and-effect of relationships.
- Extensive involvement in fraud matters, including investigations.
- A sincere interest in supporting the mission of LWR & IMA and upholding its core values.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
Foreign Language: Proficiency in French is required.
- Must be available and have ability to travel approximately 50% of the time to countries where LWR & IMA has operations. A U.S. passport holder is preferred because of the travel requirements.
IMA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.