To drive innovation driven development in the IDB Member Countries through development and implementation of various programs in partnership with external partners. It is expected that the Senior Innovation Specialist establishes a solid innovation platform, identify and connect innovative practices in the MCs, lead advocacy and awareness as well as knowledge transfer activities in order to drive the innovation agenda of the Bank.
To facilitate and monitor implementation of value added corporate and operations innovative projects and ideas to enhance IDBG Group’s operational efficiency to serve the clients (i.e. Member Countries) better.
- Develop a strategic framework with action plans for driving IDB Member Countries innovation for development agenda in accordance with the IDBG’s 10 years strategy.
- Design and monitor implementation of a Global Innovation Networking Platform for innovators and related agencies in the IDB Member Countries to capture and connect high-value innovative projects.
- Lead the identification of predominant opportunities and challenges at the intersection of IDBG projects across the MCs.
- Lead development and implementation of IDB Groupwide Corporate Innovation initiatives (e.g., process improvements, cost-cutting measures, conceptualization of new solutions) through Innovation workshops, Innovation Capability trainings, internal competitions and exhibitions, etc.
- Recommend the needed yearly innovation budget and manage the costs accordingly.
- Position IDB as a development partner in driving innovation in the Member Countries by organizing various events, awareness campaign and external communication and capability building.
- Facilitate innovation exchange and reverse linkage opportunities in the Member Countries to transfer innovative solutions.
- Lead Innovation Capacity building programs among the revelant agencies in the MCs
- Monitor Innovation activities across the IDB Group by building partnerships and synergies with relevant departments, country partners and development institutions.
- Monitor the implementation of Innovation programs in the IDBG operational activities (i.e., studying new trends, ideas, and emerging technologies and solutions, new approaches to address development challenges, introduce new techniques to execute operational projects more effectively and efficiently, etc).
- Facilitate Innovation policy dialogue in the IDB Member Countries.
- Develop guidelines and processes for incubating corporate innovation and scaling up of existing innovative projects of the IDB Group.
- Build and continuously develop the innovation process at IDBG based on its capacities and capabilities.
- Drive programs to create an open and creative environment for innovations to emerge in the IDB Group.
- Prepare and review studies and workshops on innovation capacity building in the IDB Member Countries.
- Review innovation best practices and write quarterly articles for innovation driven Sustainable Development.
- Publish articles in external journals on Innovation in Development sectors.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, MDBs, development partners and vendors to drive innovation agenda of the Bank.
- Lead the development of a network of Innovation practitioners in various MDBs.
- Coordinate with external partners to drive innovation capacity building for the Member Countries related officials, agencies and individuals.
- Coordinate with HRMD the competencies and skills mix competencies on innovation.
- Promote and raise awareness of innovation driven value creation in the IDB Member Countries.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing sessions in the IDB Member Countries on best innovation practices in Science, Technology and Social Innovation.
- Ensure sharing of good innovation practices in development organizations with relevant IDB Group departments and entities.
- Lead communications between IDBG members to ensure effective coordination and cooperation in Innovation initiatives.
- Prepare and present executive briefings and ad-hoc reports as requested by department management.
- Develop and present reports on IDB Corporate innovation projects and initiatives as per management requirements.
- Analyze progress of the IDB’s innovation programs in the Member Countries and provide recommendations.
Field of Study :
Economics / Social Science / Business Administration / Engineering / or equivalent discipline
12 years of relevant experience with Bachelor degree, 9 years with Master degree or 7 years with PhD.
- Excellent collaboration and writing skills
- Highly analytical, observant, pro-active and has the ability to work effectively with businesses & entities
- Program Design and Project Implementation
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to prepare straightforward concise, action orientated, high impact presentation
- Curiosity for emerging technologies, and learning and sharing with others
- Proven track record in successfully delivering innovation solutions, prudent execution risk, use of standards where appropriate, and measurement of impact on business outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate Ideas and Innovation Management
- Excellent knowledge on Innovation Policies/framework for Developing Countries