With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Senior Human Resources Assistant provides administrative and project support to the Human Resources Business Partner Team, part of the larger HR team within Global EDF. The Senior Human Resources Assistant is based in EDF’s London office, supporting the European team and reports to the HRBP Manager.
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining and organizing files
- Employment verifications
- Unemployment claims
- Answering employee questions and directing them to the appropriate member of HR
- Maintaining employee records in our HRIS system by collaborating with the HRIS team to process employee changes accurately and in a timely fashion
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets
- Approving agency timesheets
- Coordinating and submitting invoices
- Providing exit paperwork and scheduling exit interviews with appropriate HRBP
- Assisting with HR projects as needed
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or equivalent professional experience
- Proven record of administrative support experience; experience in a human resources department preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Superior time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Self-starter with high energy who possesses a sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with iCIMS and Workday a plus
- Interest in environmental advocacy a plus
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK when applying.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.