Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Fixed-term appointments or assignments are subject to Section 3 of Administrative Order (AO) 2.01 (Recruitment and Appointment) and Section 8 of AO 2.03 (Selection, Talent and Position Management) and its Appendices.
Whether the selected candidate is internal or external, and regardless of the type of appointment, any extension of staff beyond age 60 shall be subject to such terms and conditions determined by ADB, including, where relevant, those provided in Section 10 of AO 2.05 (Termination Policy) and its Appendices.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Human Resource Assistant will provide administrative and technical support in the BPRS to ensure the quality of HR services delivery for ADB staff that include onboarding, off-boarding, transfers, and other HR related processes. The incumbent will report to the designated International and National Staff.
- Coordinate the administrative arrangements for the onboarding of new staff — international staff, national and administrative staff in Headquarters and the field offices — which includes relocation arrangements, administrative and benefits briefing on reporting day, creating, and updating new hire documentation, circulating staff appointment details, implementing the sponsorship program and processing appointment benefits for payment.
- Administer the offboarding process including coordination of resettlement details, monitoring of exit clearance, determining/computing resettlement and other ending employment payments and terms. This responsibility also covers monitoring of staff retirements and issuing the required notifications, as well as administering the automatic resettlement scheme for dependents.
- Contribute to the preparation of estimates for special separation cases; ensuring that terms and conditions for these cases are implemented by work units concerned and reflected in payment authorizations.
- Administer relocation of staff to and from field offices and secondments-out; the responsibility covers coordinating relocation arrangements and determining benefits, duty station allowances and other entitlements, and preparing payment authorizations.
- Administer the full range of the probationary performance and fixed term review process flow from monitoring of expiry/due dates, submitting recommendations for approval up to entry of staff action in HRMS; the responsibility includes seeking the required clearances from Business Partners and Legal Team on exceptions and special cases.
- Administer special leave without pay; this responsibility includes coordinating the preparation of estimates of accountabilities and continuation of benefits and the exit clearance procedure and assist with administrative requirements to facilitate the re-entry of staff to ADB service, including calculating the re-entry salary.
- Support business process improvement initiatives and development of systems and tools to improve service delivery by participating in business process requirements definition, user-acceptance testing and documentation, and continuous monitoring of assigned system(s) for fixes and enhancements, and preparation of references and guides.
- Prepares presentation materials on HR health and services; and drafts standard and non-standard correspondence.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably major in Psychology, Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in human resource administration and management. Exposure in benefits, insurance, and health services would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Proactive and effective in addressing clients’ concerns.
- Ability to keep confidential information.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.