The World Bank Group’s (WBG) twin goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity reflect a new global landscape: one in which developing countries have an unprecedented opportunity to end extreme poverty within a generation.
The WBG’s strategy seeks to position the institution to deliver better for its clients by: (1) maximizing development impact by identifying and tackling the most difficult development challenges; (2) promoting scaled-up partnerships strategically aligned with the goals; and (3) convening public and private resources, expertise and ideas.
HRDSO Unit Overview:-
HRDSO currently operates in Washington, DC and Chennai, India. It provides centralized shared services support to World Bank Group Global Operations in over 120 countries.
Human Resource Shared Services Division provides service delivery to a client base which includes managers, staff, and retirees. To this end, the Service Delivery Team is continually seeking to improve the way HR services are delivered to clients. These services include being the front line for providing Tier 1 support and consultation on HR policies and procedures via telephone, email, fax as well as administration of HR transactions. In addition, shared services provides these services via a tiered service delivery model. The team collaborates with key partners providing service to staff including Payroll, Tax, Global Mobility, and HR Business Partners. Additionally, HRSSD provides advice to clients on how to use HR self-service tools and functionality.
The position reports directly to the Program Manager, Governance, and is responsible for supporting the monitoring and reporting on performance of HR Operations services.
Note: Candidate must be willing to work any of the three shifts covering 18×5 including night shifts (5.30 PM to 2.00 AM Chennai Time); work week may include weekends, based on business needs & requirements.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Delivering Results for Clients
• Own the content framework including but not limited to myHR (intranet), HRDSO internal SOPs, Process maps etc.
• Support the training team with process and soft skills training creation and administration.
• Design and develop online training documentation and instructor-led training (ILT).
Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries
• Co-lead the myHR refresh project i.e. migration of intranet content from e-publish to SharePoint platform. This includes content analysis, liaison with content owners for refreshed / new content, aligning HR taxonomy, testing, training and implementation of new intranet.
• Document the training process and maintain training records and results for each trainee.
• Partner with internal clients and other members of the support team on various new programs, systems, and initiatives that may or may not be related to training.
Lead and Innovate
• Develop and maintain text-based, audio, and video training materials, including tests and quizzes.
• Revise and adapt existing documentation for training in all formats (video, online, etc.).
• Leverage the bank learning programs and conduct sessions for the contact center team.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge
• Conduct one on one sessions at end of the day with agents for knowledge documentation and refresher sessions
Make SMART Decisions
• Manage the training environment for contact center to ensure a quality learning experience and escalate behavioral issues to Program Manager and Chennai Operations Manager
Focus in Midst of Change
• Handling multiple content & training requests and delivering as per the timelines
Human Capital Policies & Procedures
• Understanding and working knowledge of HR Shared Services policies and practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field with minimum of four years’ experience in HR shared services environment
• Proven track record of content management and creating documentation
• Experience in creating online trainings using Articulate or equivalent software preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
• Expertise in communicating technical information and concepts in a user-friendly manner
• Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate within and between all levels of the organization
• Expertise in Microsoft Suite (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project) and e-publish
• Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and activities, independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results within deadlines.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and HR case management tool (e.g. Neocase, Service Now, Remedy etc.)
• Ability to be flexible to work in the HQ shift i.e. 1730 hours – 0200 hours.