Function of the Position:
The Senior Help Desk Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to the Help Desk Team and managing the day to day to operations of the DAI Help Desk, while ensuring a high level of customer service. S/he documents, tracks, and monitors issues to ensure resolution in an efficient and effective manner. As a working member of the team, the Supervisor identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems as they arise. When the resolution is either too complex or too time consuming, the Supervisor develops, initiates, and manages an escalation procedure in order to maintain appropriate service levels. The Senior Help Desk Supervisor oversees, and coordinates help desk activities, manages and develops team performance, and serves as a mentor and knowledge resource for the team. As the ambassador for the Help Desk, s/he works with the rest of the Office of Information Management & Technology, as well as business at-large, to ensure positive relationships and connections are maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all activities related to the staffing and operation of DAI’s Help Desk.
- Creates a detailed onboarding plan for new employees to increase their productivity and sense of belonging to the team.
- Provides continuous feedback to direct reports via regular one-on-one conversations (preferably monthly, but at a minimum quarterly) to provide actionable feedback regarding quality of work
- Identifies professional development and stretch opportunities to support direct reports’ career aspirations.
- Supports direct reports’ management of their time allocation, particularly when there are potential utilization conflicts across practices, sectors, and/or Business Units.
- Coaches direct reports (in-the-moment and formally) for performance improvement to redirect behaviors for success in the role
- Recommends incentive-based compensation decisions related to promotions, salary increases, spot bonuses, etc.
- Proactively manages performance of direct reports not meeting expectations and partners with Human Resources to appropriately address performance issues as necessary
Help Desk Operations:
- Directs daily Help Desk operations, including monitoring unassigned ticket triage to ensure tickets are assigned in an acceptable timeframe.
- Identifies and tracks incidents to ensure the highest level of service.
- Reports trends to IT operations, senior managers and other team members.
- Oversees the procurement of corporate computers and general help desk supplies.
- Ensures and maintains corporate desktop and peripheral device asset tracking in the enterprise asset tracking tool.
- Monitors help desk cleanliness and orderliness, ensuring a presentable work environment.
- Oversees the upkeep of help desk guides, standards, procedures and other relevant documentation.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of DAI’s enterprise service management system, including participating in SLA definition, ticketing categorization, knowledge base approval and coordination, and ticket form manipulation and creation.
- Oversees Video Conferencing support including relative QRG development, VC connectivity for corporate offices, and general Webex troubleshooting.
- Oversees mobile set-up, testing, advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution for overseas travelers and project staff.
- Directs the receipt, configuration and distribution of project and corporate computers.
- Provides front line support to the operation of the Help Desk system.
- Develops and maintains processes for consistency and increased productivity.
- Develops and implements methodologies to improve first call resolution, to manage customer perceptions, and to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Provides feedback to the Senior Manager regarding bottlenecks and process improvements.
- Manages relationships with external vendors.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant help desk support experience, or 3 years of relevant help desk support experience and a master’s degree.
- 2-years minimum management/supervisory skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, with good knowledge of Mac iOS.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft software including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, especially O365 and SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a highly detailed, fast paced environment, while maintaining a focus on objectives and producing accurate results.
- Proactive problem solver under pressure.
- Skill in communicating with a variety of customers (internal & external) in a professional manner.
- Able to motivate a team of individuals toward a common goal.
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- A+ Certification
- Any Cisco or Azure experience
- Cisco Webex experience
- Knowledge of messaging and scheduling platforms
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans