Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Senior Grants Manager position for the USAID-funded project of Mikajy in Madagascar.
The Mikajy Activity is a five-year initiative of USAID/Madagascar. USAID Mikajy addresses the drivers of key threats to biodiversity in the Menabe and Mamabaie regions. USAID Mikajy activities contribute to the improvement of community-based natural resource management capacity, enhancement of human well-being near protected areas and other places of high biodiversity value, and strengthening of natural resource tenure and property rights for resource dependent communities. USAID Mikajy collaborates closely with the Hay Tao activity; other USAID and donor funded projects situated in these areas; national, regional, and local government; the private sector; and civil society organizations.
The role of the Senior Grants Manager is to lead the implementation of Mikajy’s Grants under Contract (GUC) activities under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and in collaboration with USAID Mikajy’s Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and technical team. The Senior Grants Manager is responsible for managing the entire $3.75 million GUC portfolio in compliance with USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD’s procedures and policies governing GUC. The Senior Grants Manager supervises the grants manager and/or grants assistants contracted under Mikajy and builds the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management and compliance.
* University degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, development, or similar field.
* Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing grants under contract for USAID-financed projects.
* Familiarity with community-based conservation and natural resource management highly desirable.
* Strong communicator – both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with diverse actors (e.g. project’s technical team, project leadership, supervisees, grantees, home office, and USAID).
* Strong organizational skills, cultural sensitivity, integrity, diplomacy, and willingness to listen and demonstrate respect to others.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
* Flexible, willing to perform other duties to help accomplish project goals, and complete tasks on a timely basis.
* Fluent French required. Professional level English – both written and spoken preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.