Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Government Relations Unit (OAIS-GR) within the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages the building and facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Government Relations Officer (Visa, Immigration, and Accreditation) liaises with the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Department of Justice (DOJ) and Bureau of Immigration (BI) on visas for ADB staff, dependents, and official visitors; on visa upon arrival; and on the accreditation and issuance of DFA Identification Cards to eligible staff and dependents in accordance with the Headquarters (HQ) Agreement; carries out the processing of ADB transactions and contributes to the enhancement of programs to streamline work processes for Visas and DFA ID cards; and develops, produces and disseminates communications materials concerning the above areas of responsibility. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and will supervise administrative staff.
- Administers, monitors and tracks administrative activities regarding Philippine Visa applications, and accreditation and issuance of the DFA ID for ADB staff and eligible dependents to ensure the smooth processing of ADB transactions.
- Coordinates with the BI and other concerned government agencies for arranging visa upon arrival (VUA) for ADB official visitors.
- Contributes to new initiative/project aiming at streamlining and automating the end-to-end process on visa applications and other related transactions.
- Coordinates with other ADB divisions and units on policies and guidelines for on-boarding of new staff, support to staff transferring to and from field offices, and the mobility framework.
- Implements communication strategies and tools that help address the need to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on areas of responsibility.
- Monitors the development and maintenance of databases, computerized reporting systems and documentation to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of various workflows.
- Manages and coordinates the production and dissemination of the Unit�s print and electronic publications including the Government Relations website.
- Contributes to maintenance of good relations between ADB and the Government of the Philippines regarding Philippine visa, VUA, and accreditation concerns.
- Prepares prompt response to complaints and issues regarding requests for Philippine Visa and DFA ID. Raises complex issues and recommends solutions to the supervisor.
- Provides urgent coordination and other support in case of exclusion order issued by the BI on ADB staff, dependents, and official visitors.
- Supports the Unit Head, OAIS-GR in supervising assigned Administrative Staff in the team.
- Provides inputs to reports and correspondences related to the unit�s administrative requirements including preparation of periodic accomplishment reports, reviews of applicable Administrative Orders, audit reports, best practices and other related procedures/guidelines.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent�s workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor�s degree in law, international relations, public affairs, diplomacy or other related educational background/degree. Preferably with Master�s degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience and 4 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the privileges and immunities of ADB and its personnel under the Headquarters Agreement between ADB and the Philippine Government, and supplemental agreement and understandings
- Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 3-4
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB�s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual�s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.