The Kenya Countering Violent Extremism Activity (KCVEA) will strengthen Kenyan communities’ and government institutions’ motivation and capacity to take the lead on countering violent extremism (CVE) by building the capacity of and fostering strong relationships among individuals, communities, and civil society and county and national government actors.
The Senior Government Liaison will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. She/he will:
- Working closely with USAID/KEA and the DCOP, the Senior Government Liaison will support a consultative process with the national government to determine where USAID support can be most effective. The Government Liaison will provide in-kind support to national government institutions and/or work closely with other local experts as appropriate to support enhanced intergovernmental coordination, evidence-based policy development, and enhanced public participation in VE response.
- Working closely with USAID/KEA and the DCOP, the Senior Government Liaison will provide targeted assistance to county governments (Nairobi, Garissa, Wajir, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Tana River, Isiolo, and Mandera) and lead trainings on topics ranging from conflict-sensitive CVE to narrative mediation and trauma counseling.
- The Senior Government Liaison will work closely with the Research Director in the distillation and adaptation of existing CVE research and programming tools for county and national-level government needs.
- Degree in social sciences, international development, political science, peacebuilding and conflict management or other related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant demonstrated professional experience providing technical assistance to national and county government partners in technical areas relevant to KCVEA scope.
- Experience on projects focused on community mobilization, countering violent extremism, conflict mitigation, peacebuilding, or other related activity strong preferred.
- Strong experience working in Kenya; experience working in Nairobi, Wajir, and Garissa strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local government representatives and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Deadline to submit your CV is October 14, 2016.