QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Build and maintain GIS databases; collect and organize geospatial information for easy access and analysis; enter and clean data for accuracy
- Use GIS software to analyze spatial and non-spatial information; identify spatial relationships, display results of analyses, perform geospatial modeling or spatial analysis
- Create thematic maps for operational and programmatic purposes using both activity performance data and context data from secondary sources
- Identify, locate, and secure useful data for USAID/Uganda decision making
- Work with USAID/Uganda and its implementing partners (IPs) to collect and organize up-to-date geospatial location data for USAID activities
- Work with technical teams on evaluations, analyses, and assessments to collect field data, enter that data, and produce informative maps or supporting analyses
- Assist USAID/South Sudan to design and integrate spatial data and related analyses into programmatic decision making
- Support communication initiatives with GIS information
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, geography, planning, or engineering and a certification in GIS
At least 7 years of experience managing GIS databases, with advanced working knowledge of GIS, including but not limited to Esri’s ArcGIS software, and related programming language
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.