USAID is currently designing a new activity for improving local governance in Papua province. The procurement process requires a gender equality and social inclusion analysis (GESI). The Democratic Resilience and Governance (DRG) office at USAID/Indonesia has requested Social Impact ledMonitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support project to lead this analysis.
The purpose of the GESI analysis is to help inform the DRG office as USAID considers programming on local governance in Papua. The GESI analysis will form an essential part of USAID/Indonesia’s solicitation for the Papua governance activity. The new activity will focus on fostering inclusive participation for responsive and accountable local government.
The MEL Support team will carry out the overall GESI analysis, including conducting interviews with key stakeholders, performing data analysis, and drafting the GESI analysis for the Papua governance activity.
Social Impact Inc. is seeking an exceptional individual to fulfil the role of Senior GESI Specialist. This position will work under the direct supervision of the MEL Support Chief of Party and work closely with the MEL Specialist, and will be supported by research assistants.
The Senior GESI Specialist will be responsible for:
- Develop and oversee implementation of USAID DRG office’s GESI strategy for Papua’s local governance activity, including capacity building, external and internal learning agenda on GESI issues, and integration into the program’s overall CLA agenda;
- Coordinate closely with the SI MEL Specialist and Chief of Party to ensure full integration of social inclusion throughout program design, planning, and activity implementation;
- Conduct social inclusion analysis activities with program staff, beneficiaries, and key stakeholders; lead efforts to integrate inclusive practices and recommendations related to gender, youth with disabilities, and minority populations into program design and activities;
- Collaborate with program beneficiaries, community leaders, public and private sector actors, and other key stakeholders to develop and implement inclusive and gender-sensitive education practices, periodically report on achievements to the program teams, partners, and donor;
- Working closely with the MEL Specialist, develop specific GESI indicators and targets; lead the implementation and monitoring of social inclusion strategies across programming, building a strong evidence base on GESI achievements; cialis bez receptu
- Support MEL team in data collection and monitoring program activities’ impact on marginalized populations and social inclusion; prepare reports and recommendations for program implementation.
ESTIMATED LOE: 27 days likely to extend as needed.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, education, gender and inclusion, sociology, or related field;
- A minimum of three to five years of progressive experience in social inclusion programming, such as youth and women’s’ empowerment, inclusion of persons with disabilities, and inclusion of minority populations;
- Experience in inclusive programming related to basic education, access to education, formal and informal educational programming, community development, and/or systems strengthening preferred;
- Strong understanding of issues faced by marginalized populations related to education access and educational achievement;
- Experience working with international organizations and donors in Indonesia. Knowledge or experience of Papua preferred;
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Indonesian;
- Strong communication, writing, and public speaking skills;
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.