Tetra Tech ES, Inc headquartered in Arlington, Virginia is seeking a Senior Gas Market Adviser based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project (ESP) is USAID-funded project operating country-wide with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment and to increase resilience of energy supply, which will help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) and the National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission (NEURC) to correctly implement EU directives-based and competitive energy markets. By doing so, Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, increase renewable energy generation and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
The Senior Gas Market Adviser will play a lead role in activities to implement Ukraine’s new gas market including the harmonization of the gas market rules of Ukraine with the EU internal market. The Senior Gas Market Advisor will report to the Energy Market & Institutional/Regulatory Advisor. The position is based in Kyiv.
- Play a lead role in analyzing, recommending, preparing and supporting gas industry reform in Ukraine
- Initiate analysis, provide insight and presentations on the gas industry in Ukraine. Undertake fundamental research and actively share insights with management, project members and key stakeholders. Work with other advisors to gather relevant information and assess needs, including areas where professional skills are needed to support the gas industry reform.
- Produce reports, insights and technical papers as agreed with the ESP Management team.
- Proactively develop plans for gas industry reform to be supported by ESP and update this plan on a regular basis, as approved by ESP management and USAID. Develop recommendations for gas industry reform activities and distribute to key stakeholders. Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely as appropriate across gas industry of Ukraine
- Coordinate and manage all analytical and consultancy activity connected to gas industry reform, supported by ESP.
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular contact and networking.
- Undertake projects and fulfil other duties, including facilitating and reporting on meetings, as may reasonably be required, in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, abilities and personal development opportunities
- Develop Communication Strategy and needed Communication Plans to support gas market reform in Ukraine, under the direction of ESP management and USAID, and manage implementation of this strategy and plan. Advisor will have the lead responsibility for all communications activities of the Program related to gas sector reform
- Distribute information on Ukrainian gas market reform to stakeholders in EU and USA. The Adviser will lead engagement with representatives from Ukraine Support Group of European Commission, Energy Community Secretariat, Government of Ukraine, Naftogaz of Ukraine, NEURC, MECI and other stakeholders that have influential authority over decision-making in gas market.
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the ESP management team.
- At least ten years of experience in the gas sector and detailed understanding of the European Union gas industry, including market design, regulatory and the requirements of the Third Energy Package. Excellent document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) drafting skills and strong presentation and negotiation skills, understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred, as well as, the technical, financial, economic mechanisms that are interrelated in the creation of a fully functioning gas market in Ukraine.
- Able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results.
- Experience working with data sets, excellent quantitative skills and problem-solving skills.
- A strong ability to listen and communicate a clear message of purpose to these groups that have varied interests and diverse viewpoints is clearly desired.
- Training and mediation experience will be considered an advantage.
- University degree, preferably in business management, engineering, finance, or public relations or equivalent acceptable to Tetra Tech.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
- Experience working with government agencies is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software for project management.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. ESP Project is not obligated to fill this position.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.