IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Controllers Department is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing IFC’s Financial Operations (loan, equity and short-term finance operations, and back-office treasury support operations), Financial Reporting (including reporting and analysis, portfolio review, investment accounting and accounting policy), Internal Controls, and Financial Systems, Integration and Projects. The Department comprises approximately 125 diverse and highly skilled staff, based in Washington DC, and Chennai.
IFC Controllers Department is seeking a Senior Financial Assistant in the IFC Treasury Support Operations unit in Chennai (CNTTS). This is a technically specialized position that will support processing operations of Treasury transactions, including bonds, derivatives, etc. The position requires working knowledge of treasury products, and relevant accounting standards, as well as proficiency in handling multiple systems, including Summit (the front-to-back treasury system), payment processing systems, etc. The selected candidate will be required to work with various team functions and become a fully functional team member within a short timeframe. The position requires the ability to establish productive relationships with staff at all levels within the team and across various units of IFC. The incumbent will report to the Financial Operations Officer in CNTTS, Chennai. The staff should be open to flexible hours and follow the Washington D.C. (HQ) holiday calendar, as the work program involves dealing with global markets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Financial Assistant will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the group’s responsibilities as they relate to delivery of back-office functions for all IFC Treasury funding and liquid assets management activities. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Assist in timely investigation and reporting of unidentified/unapplied items, non-receipts/non-payments and compensation claims to all we serve.
• Assist in month/quarter/year end closure of cash application
• Assist in validating and processing of settlement and payment activities of new and existing transactions. This task involves collaborating with the market counterparts, custodians, banks, and other partners to confirm transactions, settlement flows and perform other trade servicing, analysis, reconciliation and troubleshooting activities
• Prepare and process a suite of SWIFT messages that support Treasury transactions
• Participate in testing and implementation of new/enhanced systems and processes
• Ensure that all business processes in the unit are properly documented and followed
• Carry out and/or participate in any other ad hoc tasks as may be assigned by the Team Lead
• Communicate effectively with IFC Treasury Support Staff and management both in Chennai and in Washington, D.C. headquarters on the status of all assigned activities.
• Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls. Be responsible for promoting controls and ensuring compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in related fields with a public/private financial institution
• Certification such as CA/CPA/ACCA and/or FRM/CFA would be a plus.
• Knowledge of IFC systems, procedures and policies shall be advantageous. (IFC uses Summit and Quantum)
• Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communication skills with attention to details.
• Dedicated teammate with excellent organization skills and ability to interact tactfully and professionally with clients and staff.
• Ability to independently deliver quality results under pressure.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Solid skills and knowledge of the latest information and office technology, and relevant business tools.
• Highest ethical and business conduct standards.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in another WBG working language a plus.
WBG Core Competencies
• Deliver Results for Clients – Achieves results and identifies solutions.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across WBG, bringing differing ideas into the forefront.
• Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions with others.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
Controllers Department Competencies
• Client Understanding and Advising: Advises the clients and helps them think proactively about how to best meet their current and future needs, taking into considerations the real underlying issues. Works across CNT and with other VPUs to define client needs and develop the right solutions to meet those needs. PLUS: Provides recommendations to multiple VPUs that can add value to customers beyond normal offerings.
• Broad Business Thinking: Maintains an in-depth understanding of key business issues. Sets clear explanations for the integration and alignment of CNT solutions with business functions. PLUS: consider WBG wide implications in decision making to ensure consistency across WBG. Sponsors long-term VPU-wide initiatives.
• Information Technology and Systems: Demonstrates understanding of the functions and operations of pertinent IT systems and applications. Provides inputs to IT systems improvement efforts based on day to day working experience and knowledge of the systems.
• Analytical Thinking: Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process. Reviews trends and compares to expectations. Conducts analysis to define problems and prepares responses to anticipated questions.
• Policies and Procedures: Demonstrates detailed knowledge of policies and procedures in related fields.
• Risks and Controls: Leads by example and serves as good practice champion in completing internal control procedures, including understanding impact beyond own immediate functional areas.
• Communication: Adapts the communication style appropriate for the intended audience. Adopts an inclusive approach to communication as is appropriate to the situation, so as to ensure adequate partner participation. Presents information effectively and encourage feedback.
• Project Management: Understands and utilizes the concepts of project management, as they relate to implementation of a project.
|Closing date:||April 20, 2021|