Department: U.S. Government (USG) Finance and Operations
Reports to: Manager, USG Financial Reporting and Operations
Date: November 22, 2016
Function of Position:
The Senior Financial Analyst position in the USG Finance and Operations Department will primarily be responsible for managing all aspects of closing out awards. Financially closing awards is a contractual obligation, and each award has a different set of closeout requirements. The Senior Financial Analyst will need to perform multiple reconciliations and financial analysis in order to close out awards. This includes, but is not limited to: reconciling invoice, revenue, and accounts receivable (AR) data; unbilled analysis; funding analysis; NICRA rate analysis; and retention and fee analysis. In addition, s/he will generate pre-final and final invoices and serve as back-up and surge support to the Billing Department.
Staying on top of our backlog of closeouts is critical to improving and maintaining positive client satisfaction. Effective written communication and investigation skills are required to improve and maintain positive client satisfaction. This position also may perform ad-hoc financial analysis related to the project performance of our USG portfolio; however, closeout of awards will be the Senior Financial Analyst’s priority to ensure healthy client relations and lower balance sheet risk.
Role and Responsibilities:
Award closeout analysis & billing support:
- Assist FA&BP Manager in the on-going prioritization of awards that need to be closed.
- Maintain and update award closeout templates.
- Research, gather, and set up all required closeout documents and templates.
- Reconcile invoice, revenue, and AR data, including retention and fees for completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze unbilled and bill hold costs in conjunction with the Delivery Team to determine whether the costs can be invoiced and included in revenue or need to be written off.
- Prepare NICRA reconciliations and ensure rate ceilings are applied in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Prepare, enter, and reconcile accounting entries into Oracle for invoicing.
- Route closeout documents for approval across DAI departments.
- Generate and review pre-final and final invoices.
- Serve as a Billing department back-up and surge support.
Invoice submissions and award closeout follow up:
- Submit pre-final and final closeout packages to the client.
- Manage follow-up communication with the client while balancing the interests of DAI and maintaining client satisfaction.
- Revise pre-final and final closeout packages, as needed.
- Monitor AR Report to ensure timely collection of payment and follow up, as needed.
- Update AR Report in Oracle on a monthly basis.
- Update data points in the Contract Closeout List in order to track closeout statistics.
- Finalize all administrative closeout procedures (e.g., closeout package uploaded in Oracle, Oracle project status updated, fixed fee extensions are turned off, closeout e-mail submission is filed, excess funds are de-obligated in Oracle, etc.).
- Recommend improvements to the closeout process.
Ad-hoc financial analysis and other responsibilities:
- Calculate NICRA true up accruals for pipeline/budget modification purposes.
- Determine amounts that can be safely de-obligated and submit Excess Fund Reviews in CRMS.
- Assist with the Estimate-to-Complete forecasting cycles.
- Support the FA&BP Manager with ad-hoc financial analysis, as assigned.
Additional responsibilities as business needs evolve.
Grade 8: Minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or five years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Prior closeout experience on USG-funded awards
- Prior financial management experience on USG-funded awards
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Prior DAI experience highly preferred
- Prior experience working on project closeouts and/or billing activities
- Demonstrated understanding of COAG, CPFF, and/or T&M contracts
- Knowledge of USAID-funded reporting requirements
- PivotTable experience highly desired
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with MS Office Suite
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans