The post is responsible for providing finance and accounting services to include financial reporting, budget development and management, financial analysis, and operational review/audits in support of partnerships portfolio management, resource development and grants implementation. The incumbent/s shall provide technical oversight and capacity building support to partners and grants team in ensuring sponsorship, NSPs, grants and other funds are utilized and reported according to approved program designs, annual fiscal budget, policy/procedures, and in compliance with agreements. He/she will also be responsible for assuring that financial and Donor management standards are upheld by partners and grants team
- Child Safeguarding: Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Country Office (CO) Financial Management
- Monitor all funds transferred to partner bank accounts and ensure that they acknowledge and account for all funds received.
- Conduct monthly fund allocation to partners based on ChildFund’s funding model requirement or other donor requirements. Ensure monthly Fund Request Form (FRF) are prepared and submitted timely. Consolidate the monthly FRF and submit the consolidated report to Finance Manager.
- Support key organizational processes as technical resource and serve as function lead for activities such as, but not limited to, planning and budgeting, organizational performance reviews and project development.
- Review all relevant transactions such as liquidations and request for payments.
- Budget Development and Management
- Participate actively in budget development for the CO, grant budget proposals and partner annual and midyear budget, and provide guidance to the different departments/functional units and partners to ensure consistent and appropriate projections.
- Analyze spending performance and regularly communicate key insights to support departments/functional units’ operations and implementation of activities by program implementers for all types of funding sources.
- Partner Portfolio Management Support
- Analyze and review the monthly financial report of partners, monitor PRIMO information, and work closely with concerned program staff and partners for a more complete and holistic analysis of partner performance for monthly subsidy allocation decision making.
- Conduct monitoring visits to partners based on agreed upon arrangements, utilizing prescribed monitoring tools and in close coordination with other staff members for work complementation and safety and security guidance.
- Monitor partners’ compliance with the Letter of Agreement, performance standards and the progress of audit (external/internal) recommendations, and provide support in improving their financial management capability by conducting trainings, coaching and mentoring to partners.
- Support the assurance in ensuring that external audit recommendations are uploaded in HQMS, follow up action plan and closed corrective action plan in the system.
- Financial Management of Non-sponsorship funded Programs including Grants Management and Development Support
- Support the development of grants/NSP/GOLAH/ER budget proposals in close coordination with Program Effectiveness and Resource Development Team.
- Provide timely analysis on the spending of Grants/NSP/GOLAH/Emergency Response by sharing Budget vs. Actual analysis to the budget holders to ensure alignment of financial figures with the qualitative description of progress and accomplishments, and submission based on management and/or donor reporting requirements and specification.
- Ensure compliance with the organizational and donor documentation requirements as outlined in the project agreements (appropriate filing of documents related to Grants/NSP/GOLAH.
- Maintain complete, accurate and updated grant financial information/documentation on corporate grants database/BRIDGE.
- Support coordination of CO annual external audit and the preparation of required documentation and support implementation of the plan of action and audit corrective measures.
- Participate in the conduct of detailed situation reports, relief assessments and general appraisals immediately after an emergency event, as maybe assigned. Implement community outreach strategies in the identification of child protection issues and support the conduct of activities and action points to address identified immediate need.
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping, auditing, including analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, financial software and reporting systems;
- Experience in an organization with UN/EU/USG Grants Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable;
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Accounting Standards, internal controls, and segregation of duties;
- Good understanding of administrative, financial and general management principles and skilled in financial reporting, budgeting and taxes;
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Self-guided, independent with strong facilitation, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills;
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues; and
- Above-average written and oral communication skills in English, fluency in a local language preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or any related finance discipline; CPA/ACCA preferred. Equivalent relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.