Social Impact has been commissioned to conduct a Gender and Social Inclusion Analysis (GESI) to inform USAID/Sri Lanka Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for 2021-2024. The purpose of this GESI analysis is to identify significant macro and sectoral level barriers and gaps to gender equality and female empowerment, and prioritize and justify which of these barriers should be addressed in each section of the CDCS: Goal, Development Hypotheses and Results Framework, DO and Intermediate Result (IR) narratives. The analysis will provide a discussion of how closing those gaps will be achieved. The GESI analysis will include three phases of desk research, primary data collection, and reporting, from February through June 2020.
SI is seeking a local expert in gender and social inclusion to serve as the Senior Expert on a three-person research team. The team will include a Team Lead, the Senior Expert in gender and social inclusion, and a local research assistant. The position is level of effort-based and includes travel to Sri Lanka for approximately two weeks in March 2020. The Expert will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Sri Lankan citizens will be considered.**
- Support the development of workplan, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Conduct a desk review and contribute to the development of a desk review report, as directed by the Team Lead, specifically providing support in finding and reviewing relevant documents in local languages.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Sri Lanka, ensuring all data collection events are carefully documented through detailed notes.
- Support data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation and draft/final report, as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in the areas of gender and/or social inclusion studies
- Graduate Degree in degree in social sciences or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge on gender and social inclusion in Sri Lanka
- Prior experience in strategy and policy analysis, preferred
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research skills, as well as strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English is required; must also be proficient to support desk review and data collection in Sinhala and Tamil
- Ability and willingness to travel to Sri Lanka for fieldwork in March 2020