- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in environmental sciences or economics or other related field;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; required ability to travel to beneficiary countries; knowledge of one of the languages of the beneficiary countries will be an asset;
- As a minimum, relevant EU ETS experience, with a good overview of duties and responsibilities of competent authorities, ETS operators and verifiers under the emissions trading;
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 2 years) report that he/she has authored;
- As a minimum demonstrable skills in carrying out similar assignments.
- Demonstrable experience of at least 5 years of relevant professional experience, related to the subject matter of the current contract out of which at least 3 years of relevant experience in Western Balkan countries and Turkey and/or the EU Member States;
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the EU environment and climate acquis and of the EU enlargement process.
Among candidates fulfilling the above minimum requirements, preference will be given to those who have the most demonstrated experience in multi-national projects of legal and implementation issues, particularly with regard to alignment of the enlargement countries with EU environmental and climate acquis during the previous 5 years.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge of EU climate acquis related to emissions trading, and particularly monitoring, reporting and verifying of GHG emissions within the EU ETS from a point of view of competent authorities, ETS installation operators and verifiers;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in implementation and/or enforcement related to a range of topics of the EU climate acquis.