In coordination with the Chief of Party, s/he is primarily responsible for the design, quality and completion of all evaluations.
- Oversee and contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Responsible for working with USAID to develop SOWs for evaluations.
- Troubleshoot implementation of evaluations; Assists in presentation and dissemination of evaluation reports.
- Supervise analysis of evaluation data and preparation of evaluation report; serve as editor and initial technical reviewer of all evaluation reports. Assist in presentation and dissemination of evaluation reports.
- Recruit and supervise the work of short-term technical assistance staff, a research associate and research assistant; lead team planning meetings.
- Master’s degree or PhD in statistics, development studies, development evaluation and management, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of evaluation experience including experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated expertise managing, leading and coordinating quantitative and qualitative studies and evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing quantitative and qualitative instruments for data collection.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Experience working on development programs in Bosnia or in the Balkans region is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Bosnian with excellent written and oral communications skills required.