Join us in our stunning, bespoke offices in Apsley (Hertfordshire, UK), Brussels (BE) or London (UK) (please indicate your preferred office location in the application). You will be joining a dynamic, passionate and exciting team which supports its members to deliver at pace, develop their skills and make a lasting difference. The team is split between offices in Brussels & the UK and as such you will be willing to travel frequently to work closely with all members of the team to effectively oversee and develop direct reports.
Main purpose of role: To support the Director in maximizing business targets for the EC Frameworks sector by providing effective project management, monitoring and coordination of technical and financial proposals and effectively managing more junior members of the team.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- lead and oversee the team including line management for all direct reports
- track key pipeline projects
- research new market opportunities and obtain market intelligence
- ensure the quality of monitoring, coordination and preparation of Requests for Service
- ensure planning, budgeting and reporting targets for the team are met
- oversee the management of project accounts and financial reporting
- act as an escalation point in the preparation of both technical and financial proposals
- ensure the team identify and liaise with other companies and partners
- ensure research is conducted and case studies are produced for use in proposal writing
- undertake visits to projects, where necessary
- oversee the identification of appropriate staff for proposals
- act as an escalation point for administrative, supervision and support matters
- oversee projects to ensure they meet contractual obligations and client requirements
- facilitate information sharing within the unit, with other DAI offices and with external partners
- coordinate and lead business process improvement initiatives, as appropriate
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in international development and working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Experience as a bid manager in the preparation of proposals for development projects
- Experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment
- Proven experience supporting consulting services or international development projects
- Experience of managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets
- Experience of working with major European donors
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to write technical text
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least one other language (French, Spanish or Portuguese)
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Ability to travel internationally, if or when required
- Postgraduate degree in relevant field
- Experience of quality management systems
- Experience working with EU FWC or EU long term TA projects.
The salary offered for this role will be commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Apsley, Brussels, or London.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme & life assurance.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or EEA.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th January and interviews will be held progressively.