IRC’s Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, and corporate & foundation partnerships to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Sr. Director Marketing Analytics will be managed by the VP Marketing. The role will be to establish and implement the core metrics that underpin the data-driven approach to supporter engagement and recruitment, to which IRC is committed. This will involve working closely with the global media agency and internal staff to establish and set up the tracking for global marketing analytics. The ever dynamic nature of digital media and its close connection to the daily news agenda means that this is a crucial role at IRC, ensuring that the strategic priority of database decision making is achievable. The connection with social sentiment and revenue generation is something that we have clearly seen in our data over the past year and is a crucial aspect of our future revenue generation strategy.
S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that the analytics captured are easily accessible to both members of the core marketing team and colleagues throughout IRC, in order for them to make fast decisions around where to optimize creative, media or message across a global audience.
S/he will be experienced in the implementation of global marketing analytics, having worked in key global digital fundraising markets, including, but not exclusively: USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, Australia, and the MENA region. They will be expert in the main analytics tools across both core web metrics tracking, such as Google Analytics and Tag Manager, A/B and MVT tracking tools such as Optimizely and also social sentiment and influence tracking tools such as BuzzSumo.
S/he will be expected to set up multiple GA dashboards for all the key audiences and digital channels through which IRC wishes to engage and measure its global audiences. This will involve coordination with other IRC offices (currently in the UK and the Netherlands), colleagues in Communications, Advocacy and the Field. And will also partner with IRC’s Operational teams (International Programs, Policy and Practice and US Programs) and with HR, Finance and IT services.
All roles in the Marketing team will support the VP Marketing in ensuring the success of the IRC 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Strategy, specifically the key strategic driver of the PSE Strategy – Best-in-Class Global Digital.
- Lead on the strategy and set up of IRC’s global digital engagement and donor analytics
- Manage and refine multiple GA dashboards to provide instant information to colleagues on tests and optimisation recommendations, across messaging, creative, user experience and media placement
- Plan and oversee, along with the Marketing team, the measurement of a country-specific (initially USA) recruitment plan and then building to a global digital recruitment plan, which delivers a positive ROI, to be set by the Senior Vice President Revenue
- Work closely with a global digital media agency to devise and roll out the measurement of a global digital fundraising recruitment strategy developed in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Ensure that all key target markets globally are tracked to the same high standards
- Continually suggest tests and iterations across all digital recruitment and retention, based on data, to maximize engagement and revenue
- Work with key colleagues to quickly identify and solve tagging or tracking challenges which undermine data integrity.
- Support and deliver the frameworks and ways of working that create best support for high quality continual innovation in the digital analytics space
- Provide regular real-time status reports on performance and suggested enhancement to
- Work with integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Education: Bachelor Degree
- 10+ years work experience in modern high performance global marketing analytics environments
- Understanding of the global digital fundraising marketplace with extensive experience in delivery of tracking and optimizing international digital fundraising and fundraising campaigns for non-profits
- Proven ability using analytics to inform and influence decision making
Demonstrated Skill and Competencies:
- Global experience in marketing analytics for global non-profits, including but not exclusively, in the following areas:
- Online donor recruitment
- Day-to-day working with a global media agency
- Analytics set up and monitoring
- Search and display marketing
- Social media marketing
- Sentiment tracking
- Data capture (ie online petitions)
- Experience with scrum-based agile project management
- Creates and owns recruitment metrics and goals to determine what will move the needle
- Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
- Predisposition towards simple and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in international contexts
- Fluent in English with preference to candidate who speaks additional languages (French, German, Arabic, Japanese, Spanish, etc.)