IRC’s Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, and corporate & foundation partnerships to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Senior Director Creative & Brand will report to the VP Marketing and be part of a senior global team. The role will build and manage a team of highly skilled creatives, designers, copywriters, and a digital production team to support the creative and digital production needs of the Marketing teams and the fundraising department more specifically marketing, corporate, foundation, and major/leadership gifts. The role will support and help drive IRC’s global programme of marketing expansion.
At the heart of this operation will be a test, learn and optimise culture, driven by data-based decision making.
S/he will be experienced in global creative development and branding for non-profits in multiple languages and cultures, for marketing, fundraising and campaigning purposes. Key markets for growth and revenue, include, but not exclusively: USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, Australia, and the MENA region.
The role will involve coordination with other IRC offices (currently in the UK and the Netherlands), colleagues in Communications, Advocacy and the Field. And will also partner with IRC’s Operational teams (International Programs, Policy and Practice and US Programs) and with HR, Finance and IT services.
Working with the internal team and/or external agencies to ensure that the creative output of the marketing team at IRC is world class and delivers a consistent brand, engagement and revenue across key target audiences and in markets around the world.
S/he will support the VP Marketing in ensuring the success of the IRC 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Strategy, specifically the key strategic driver of the PSE Strategy – Best-in-Class Global Digital.
- Lead and build a team of highly professional creatives and digital production specialists
- Work with the VP Marketing and other managers in the Marketing team to develop the images (video) and messaging across large and small fundraising and engagement campaigns which are initially country-specific (USA) and then building to a global digital engagement and fundraising plan, which delivers a positive ROI, to be set by the fundraising team.
- Work with colleagues to develop and support field based content to build template campaigns and tools.
- Work with external agencies to refine and develop creative propositions across both fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Work with some leading Corporate brands and influencers to build joint global campaigns, recent partners include: Vevo, Airbnb, Google and Game of Thrones (HBO)
- Ensure that all key target markets globally receive both on brand and culturally versatile messaging
- Work with the Supporter Development team to produce materials for stewardship and further donor cultivation, such as major and leadership gift donors
- Work closely with the Director of Analytics to understand how creative is measured and evolve creative and messaging regularly to enhance performance.
- Support and deliver the frameworks and ways of working that create templates that can be adjusted to fit market/cultural needs.
- Work with the team to ensure all materials are on brand and of the highest quality
- Manage the Creative team with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Education: Bachelor Degree
- 10+ years work experience in modern high performance global digital creative, branding and fundraising environments.
- Understanding of the global digital fundraising marketplace with extensive experience in the creative development of international digital fundraising and engagement campaigns for non-profits in multiple languages
- Proven ability using data to inform and influence decision making
Demonstrated Skill and Competencies:
- Global experience in digital creative and branding in the following areas:
- Development of concepts for marketing, fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Management of creative agencies
- Data-driven decision making
- Creative look and feel, messaging and user experience testing
- Creates and owns creative metrics and goals to determine what will move the needle
- Proven success in global digital creative and brand development
- Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
- Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in international contexts
- Fluent in English with preference to candidate who speaks additional languages (French, German, Arabic, Japanese, Spanish, etc.