The Senior Development Officer, Donor Engagement is responsible for implementing a donor engagement strategy that will help grow AJWS’s donor base, retain our most committed supporters, and move donors up the giving ladder. This person will also oversee the creation and maintenance of systems, protocols and processes used across the organization that will ensure optimal planning. The Senior Development Officer requires the ability to shift gears between the big picture and more detail-oriented activities, while working with both internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Donor Engagement processes and systems including External Affairs calendar, business rules for communicating with donor list, donor engagement data in Salesforce, post event surveys and evaluations and best practices for working with Communications & Marketing and Development Operations;
- Engage in an ongoing process to assess the impact of AJWS’s holistic donor engagement strategy in partnership with Digital Communications, Development Operations and Relationship Managers;
- Plan and implement 3-5 donor events per year, including developing project plans, managing timelines, liaising with the Communications Division on the production of event related materials, liaising with the Programs Division on content and speakers, developing recruitment strategies, partnering with Relationship Managers on outreach and conducting post-event analysis;
- Liaise with grantee partners, AJWS trustees and Programs colleagues to develop educational and impactful programming and support them through the process of preparing to speak at events;
- Plan, implement and staff 1-2 Study Tours, AJWS’s international donor trips, per year, including developing budgets, recruitment strategies, programs and curriculum, drafting recruitment and trip materials, partnering with travel and logistics partner, working with Program’s colleagues and grantee partners and facilitating post-trip engagement strategies with Relationship Managers.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Office of the President to ensure streamlined event and Study Tour recruitment for top tier donors and AJWS trustees;
- Develop post-event strategies that support relationship managers to take their donors to the next step of engagement with AJWS’s work;
- Build a strong working knowledge of all AJWS programs and strategic learning, research and evaluation projects;
- Minimum of 5 years of diverse event planning experience with a focus on fundraising and educational events;
- Demonstrated achievement managing complex events from start to finish;
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize, and handle multiple, complex projects;
- Experience building strong relationships and working effectively with multiple stakeholders internally and externally;
- Ability to clearly articulate AJWS’s mission and work through programming and written materials;
- Strong writing, communication and proofreading skills;
- Knowledge of the economic, political and social issues facing countries in the developing world and of the American Jewish community;
- Strong commitment to the mission of AJWS;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed;
- Experience in managing, analyzing and synthesizing donor data;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required, Salesforce experience a plus;
Compensation and Benefits Information:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and the market;
- Paid Time Off: 15-21 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
As an organization committed to promoting social justice around the world, it is essential that we incorporate a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens into all aspects of our work at AJWS. We encourage applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below.
Applications must be submitted with the following to be considered:
- Cover letter