About Social Impact
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff P knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
The Vietnam Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI) produced by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) just celebrated its 15 th year. The overall PCI comprises ten sub-indices, measuring provincial economic governance in important areas to private sector development through perceptions of domestic and foreign business operations across Vietnam’s 63 provinces. A province that is considered to perform well on the PCI is the one that has: 1) low entry costs for business start-up; 2) easy access to land and security of business premises; 3) a transparent business environment and equitable business information; 4) minimal informal charges; 5) has limited time requirements for bureaucratic procedures and inspections; 6) limit crowding out of private activity from policy biases toward state, foreign, or connected firms; 7) proactive and creative provincial leadership in solving problems for enterprises; 8) developed and high-quality business support services; 9) sound labor training policies; and 10) fair and effective legal procedures for dispute resolution.
The PCI provides a great service to Vietnam and its continued success is critical to ongoing economic prosperity. During its initial phase, the PCI was funded by USAID and implemented by an outside partner. As internal capacity has grown, the VCCI has taken ownership and now implements the PCI with direct funding from USAID. PCI welcomes other funding sources from international donors and the private sector to maintain the sustainability of PCI as one of the most trusted and useful policy tools for economic governance reform in Vietnam.
In order to support this transition, Learns seeks a Senior Development and Communications Advisor. This person will be given an initial short-term contract of six-months and asked to work with the PCI program/VCCI to create and implement a plan to become self-sustaining within the next two years. If such funding materializes, this position may transition into a full-time role at the end of the contract.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese residents will be eligible to apply.**
Development & Communications
- Develop and successfully carry out PCI’s development strategy, with support and leadership of the PCI Program/VCCI.
- Cultivate and steward individual donors by building and maintaining relationships with current and potential donors.
- Develop a diverse network of major donors (in Vietnam and globally).
- Create and implement fundraising campaigns via various channels & platforms (email, social media, etc.).
- Develop donor acknowledgement to ensure all gifts and donations are appropriately recognized.
- Accurately oversee and maintain a tracking system to effectively manage contact information for existing and potential donors.
- Provide monthly fundraising reports to the PCI Program.
- Display deep understanding of fundraising best practices and make recommendations to the PCI program about implementing new or updated fundraising strategies.
- Create and carry out community awareness and solidarity campaigns and strategies via multiple channels (in person, email, social media, etc.).
- Refine sustainability plan covering the next 18 months of operation by end of sixth month.
- Develop business plan based on draft sustainability plan.
- Support PCI to establish a stand-alone mechanism to receive funding and provide consultancy services (in discussion with PCI)
Grant Requests & Administration
- Identify grant funding opportunities and be responsible for all research, writing, and reporting requirements.
- Identify and track all potential institutional giving and grant opportunities in the tracking system, including deadlines, required materials, necessary involvement of Board, status of application, etc.
- Draft and submit letters of intent, grant applications, and other funding requests.
- Create and continually update documents and reports to streamline grant drafting and submissions process.
- Execute timely reporting for grant compliance (including approving financial reports), as required.
Public Relations, Community Engagement, and Marketing
- Build and sustain working relationships and communication with PCI partners.
- Oversee and direct all media relations, social media communication, media production, and general public outreach.
- Develop and update marketing materials to support gift cultivation, including website, email marketing templates, program pamphlets, and thank you cards, etc.
- Develop and maintain media contacts to ensure accurate coverage of PCI in media.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience with track record in stewarding donors and writing grants.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to work well with a variety of personnel with differing levels of authority, experience, and backgrounds, including board members, staff, and volunteers
- Knowledge of the nonprofit setting, project planning and prospect research
- Understanding of the media landscape, including comfort with developing press releases, public service announcements and other written communication with the media and public.
- Professional maturity, credibility, patience, good judgment, honesty, integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Vietnamese and English required.
The closing date for application: August 9, 2020 . Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.