DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. The Sr. Development Advisor will work on the new USAID Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) project. ADVISE’s main purpose is to improve the usage of USAID data and information, so that the Agency continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence.
The Sr. Development Advisor will lead the ADVISE support to the Bureau for Africa Office of Sustainability (AFR/SD) Economic Growth, Environment and Agriculture (EGEA) Division for Prosper Africa Implementation. This support will include research and analysis services and plans to ensure analyses completed are understood and used by the EGEA team; reporting, visualization and web and app development services and distribution and uptake of these products through tailored and repeated learning events; and enhancing the internal and external availability and use of USAID data and information both at AFR’s headquarters and in the field. The Sr. Development Advisor is expected to draw on the expertise of AVISE’s senior economists, librarians, and data development and management experts to design an onboarding training program for staff of all levels on Prosper Africa’s Analytical, Research, Data, Monitoring, Learning and Data approach. The Sr. Development Advisor reports to the task lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the ADVISE team support to AFR/SD in providing Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning support for Prosper Africa implementation;
- Participate in USAID Prosper Africa’s efforts to build an understanding and evidence base for how/if the use of knowledge, data, analysis, research and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) contributes to development outcomes;
- Contribute to internal monitoring and evaluation (M&E) through data collection, entry, and analysis, quarterly reflection sessions, and a mid-term evaluation;
- Support the USAID Prosper Africa team during a weekly reflection with facilitation and knowledge capture creation of monitoring and evaluation surveys/ KIIs for Prosper Africa activities;
- Facilitate and synthesize After Action Reviews and Knowledge Drop with the support of the MERL specialist;
- Contribute to quarterly MERL report;
- Support EGEA teams for, and/or participating in, PROSPER Africa temporary duty assignment (TDY) engagement;
- Provide the TDY teams with analysis based relevant background information on the mission, including prior TDY documentation, Country Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCS), and other mission-specific reports and data;
- Support the planning for PROSPER TDY, including drafting the scope of work, creating a work plan, managing other TDY participants, developing an agenda, setting up meetings, engaging in knowledge capture, tracking results against indicators, and producing deliverables;
- Offer appropriate support and facilitation as dictated by the needs of the TDY including facilitating teams and missions in completing a CLA Maturity Matrix self-assessment and subsequent CLA plan, working with teams to develop learning agendas, and delivering training in CLA-related topics building on adult learning approaches;
- Support the production of knowledge capture and outcomes from the TDY in the form of a final TDY report, Learning Lab blog, and/or other deliverables/venues.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in International Development, Economics, Social Science, or related discipline;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in performing and/or overseeing data-driven analyses relating to performance monitoring, research and evaluation of international development programs, including experience oversees;
- Experience conducting research and analysis, developing quality visualizations and reports, and familiarity with developing and improving internal and public-facing data-driven web pages and applications;
- Familiarity with USAID policy, guidance, standards, governance and best practices for data use, curation, and dissemination;
- Experience developing analysis and reports of USAID financial data and USG foreign assistance data, developing customized visualizations and dashboards, and facilitating learning events;
- Knowledge of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) methodology is highly desirable.
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.