The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Data Analyst is responsible for designing and conducting analyses to gain an understanding of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s portfolio of operations and generating data analytics and visualizations for internal and external communications. This may include the integration of multiple types of data sources including medical awards, company interactions, and financial.
This position requires a strong understanding of data analytics, statistical approaches, data visualization, query languages, implementation of database management systems and is charged with upholding the principles of data quality and assurance. The role is responsible for complete life cycle data generation and the utilization of tools to analyze data and make recommendations for improvements to optimize current data management processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain data systems to track the progress of medical drug discovery and development projects, clinical trials and basic research grants
- Models, analyzes and forecasts metrics that support budgeting, forecasting, and organizational decisions
- Integrate data from various systems into an analytics platform; verifies data integrity
- Analyzes and blends data collected from primary or multiple sources leveraging Business Intelligence and other technologies
- Identifies and interprets any patterns or useful trends in complex data sets
- Leverages data as a strategic asset enabling data-based decision analytics
- Defines, maintains, and advises relevant stakeholders as appropriate on data governance-related matters
- Monitors critical data across multiple systems to ensure their accuracy and completeness and provide on-going feedback to management of data issues
- Collaborates with IT to build data integrations between multiple systems
- Collaborates with the IT department to identify and define business rules, metrics, KPIs and business intelligence reports required to support the Medical Department and CFF operations
- Work with IT department in areas of systems implementation, enhancements and application issues
- Participate in the annual data audits
- Reports monthly on defined and new operating metrics
- Assists in the characterization of portfolio of grants, awards, and contracts using data analytics and visualizations
- Monitors compliance with controls and systems, and develops new processes to support the organization
- Influences major work efforts and projects; identifies issues and opportunities and influences others toward resolution; supports team members and works cross-functionally to move projects forward
- Communicate with program officers & CFF leadership to obtain and provide progress updates and high-level briefings; prepares supporting details for meetings
- Work closely with Communications Team for messaging transparency regarding CF research portfolio
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management, Statistics, or relevant degree preferred; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in launching and maintaining data management packages that may include SharePoint, Excel, MSDynamics and Tableau
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze a system and document its processes through integration with technology
- Understands data, data concepts, data relationships and has experience with data governance.
- Technical expertise regarding database models, data warehouses, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience with Data democratization through use of dashboards and visualization tools
- Experience using computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at querying datasets, report writing and presenting findings with relevant visualizations
- Proven ability to consolidate extensive data findings from multiple sources into relevant insights
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders (PowerBI experience preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must be able to communicate confidently and effectively with project team members and executive management
- Proficient in standard operating systems Windows and OSX,
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Data Analyst will work within the Research Affairs Department & will report to the Sr Director, Medical Business Operations. No direct reports.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .