Senior Data Analyst
ICF seeks an experienced data analyst to support international population-based survey (PBS) and evaluation activities funded by various clients including the USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The ICF’s portfolio of food security and resilience activities take place in Global Food Security Strategy target countries, resilience focus countries and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. The senior data analyst also strengthens analytic capacity within countries, through training and mentoring. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland. We are also looking for junior Data Analyst.
- Design and implement quantitative analyses of data from population-based surveys and program monitoring systems
- Contribute to the development of study protocols by designing data analysis plans and ensuring that data collection is aligned with indicator analysis
- Design and apply sampling methodologies to data analysis.
- Interface with database managers and programmers for the development of survey questionnaires for paper-based and computer-assisted data collection
- Establish standard analytic procedures
- Oversee and check the analyses of other staff members
- Provide final clean datasets and data analysis code for public review
- Contribute to the written description of analysis results for survey reports
- Provide support for other survey activities including preparing presentations and reviewing reports
- Support and strengthen the analytic capacity of other staff members and of staff members from partner institutions and sub-contractors
- Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology, demography, public or international health
- At least 8 years’ experience in survey data analysis
- Experience in international health, food security, or other development-related studies
- Experience in program evaluation, with practical experience in experimental and quasi-experimental design, power analysis, sample design, and data analysis
- Experience working with complex survey design and managing large datasets
- Experience using advanced statistical methods such as multiple regression, logistic regression, factor analyses, principal component analyses, etc.
- Proficiency using applied statistical packages, preferably Stata and R
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Ability to travel internationally 15% time
- PhD in statistics, epidemiology, demography, public or international health
- Experience working on USAID-funded studies
- Experience supervising and mentoring junior staff
- Experience managing teams
- Written and spoken French or Portuguese skills
- Ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)