Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Coordination and Administration Assistant will perform secretarial services and administrative support for an international staff member at deputy or director level. It will also involve coordinating administrative activities for the division/office/department. The incumbent will report to the Assistant Controller, CTLA and designated International Staff.
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for the supervisor are correctly typed and prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards. Prepares and sends out routine letters independently. Drafts complex correspondence for signature of supervisor. Ensures that all incoming mails are logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff. Outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
Oral Communications/Internal & External Contacts
- Provides efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments and meetings; manage travel arrangements of supervisor and international staff as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensures that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Tracks the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Provides assistance as to the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff.
- Acts as coordinator for Budget Monitoring Control System (BMCS) for budget monitoring and Leave Administration System (LVAD) in Oracle environment for attendance monitoring. May relieve other Senior Administrative Assistants/Executive Assistants as directed.
- Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies as required; coordinates micro-computer inventory, allocation, and requirements for the division/office/department.
- Coordinates the various activities such as meeting arrangements of a division/office/department to ensure that the supervisor’s instructions are passed onto the concerned staff.
Data Analysis and Report Generation
- Collects, compiles and analyzes relevant information and data related to the division/office/department to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed.
TA Processing and Administration Support
- Processes and maintains appropriate records and reports for the Division’s TAs under the guidance of the TASU Specialist
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Excellent typing skills
- Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other assistants
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work
- Ability to exercise judgement on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS4-5
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.