DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and Philanthropist organisations.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a proactive Masters graduate or candidate with equivalent experience to join our team. We are recruiting a Senior MEL Consultant to support our Managing for Development Results initiative. The role will involve working closely with colleagues to deliver high quality programme management and technical services to both external clients and colleagues within DAI. You will be part of a team that provides services to technical teams in the Delivery Unit – Resilience, Energy, Environment & Land; Economic Growth (including Trade & Investment); and Governance – across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with teams and projects to build knowledge and networks and to support new business opportunities and innovative technical solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, and preferably a Master’s degree, in a relevant field or equivalent.
- Five years’ field experience supporting MEL components of relevant projects / programmes.
- A detailed understanding and demonstrable experience of Theories of Change and Logical Frameworks. Experience of adaptive programming and Value for Money would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in two or more of our key technical areas, preferably in an international development context and working in an international/multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (both written and verbally).
- Demonstrable ability to think, support, develop and write about the results of our programmes and projects in proposals and for our field teams across our delivery unit.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of managing data responsibly.
- Ability to research, analyse and synthesise technical information.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive, accountable and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Advanced level of MS Office. Experience with Power BI and/or statistical software would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with DFID or other UK government departments, or experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment, would be an advantage.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 21 February 2020, and interviews will be held progressively. More detailed company information is available at http://www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, please apply via the link below.