Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Communications Assistant will support the provision of publishing production services to clients including preparing/trafficking files and coordinating with suppliers for various production destinations such as copy-editing, layout and typesetting, proofreading, page proof checking, printing, web uploading, and e-book and metadata preparation.
The incumbent will report to the Designated International Staff and/or Senior National Staff.
- Coordinate and cooperate with fellow DOC publishing and dissemination staff in the preparation and completion of publishing projects.
- Share/explain publishing procedures, guidelines, and templates for use in publications, including compliance with ADB’s Handbook of Style and Usage (HSU) and Branding Tool Kit (BTK), with client departments.
- Ensure manuscripts meet applicable standards and clearances to begin production on DOC coordinated publications coordinate the publishing production process liaising with publishing service providers and clients as needed to complete production; and liaise with relevant OAS and DOC staff for forwarding for printing, web uploading, and e-book formatting.
- Ensure client-coordinated publications meet applicable standards and clearances to begin HSU and BTK compliance checking; coordinate the DOC compliance check and return results to clients within the specified turn-around time; and liaise with relevant OAS and DOC staff for forwarding for printing, web uploading, and e-book formatting.
- Compile queries, comments, and feedback during the production process and provide to relevant DOC staff, client departments, and service providers for follow up as needed.
- Follow up with relevant NS and IS publishing staff to flag and address production issues that may affect production quality and/or turn-around times.
- Maintain an updated file of each publication for archiving purposes including supporting documentation, final source files, and final print- and web-ready version.
- Maintain weekly and monthly records of completed publications, and publications in progress, and alert supervisor to disruptions in the schedule or other problems.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field; preferably with advanced training
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in publishing
- Must have strong understanding of the principles of publication production including copy-editing and proofreading, and typesetting and page layout
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office software such as MS Word and Excel
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
- Strong client orientation/client relationship management skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff/clients and external parties.
- Ability to work closely with multi-disciplinary team and promote teamwork
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.