International Health and Development
Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor
ICF is seeking a Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor for an upcoming project for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. This 5-year project will support population-based surveys for monitoring in resilience and food security. The Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor will lead the design, management and assessment of the capacity component of the project with the objective to increase understanding and use of population-based data and data sets.
ICF’s wider portfolio of food security and resilience activities include population-based household surveys and evaluations in Global Food Security Strategy target countries, resilience focus countries and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Lead the design, implementation and monitoring of a project wide capacity development strategy, targeted to a diverse group of stakeholders at the country and global levels.
- Improve the capacity of USAID/W, Mission, implementing partner and country government staff to better understand and use data from population-based survey datasets.
- Coordinate closely with senior leadership across the project to ensure that the strategy is aligned with the overall objectives of the program.
- 15+ years’ experience leading the design and implementation of adult learning activities, training curricula, and organizational training.
- Relevant experience in capacity strengthening in a developing country context, particularly related to building the capacity of government institutions and key country stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required; fluency and/or familiarity in a project-relevant language (including French/Spanish) greatly valued.
- Experience in senior management positions on large, complex, multi-country projects
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as necessary (approximately 25% time)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)