- Support rigor and coherence in M&E efforts (PMP, M&E plans, capacity building of Mission and IPs).
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments (PEs, IEs, surveys, etc.).
- Support improved knowledge management.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Capacity Building Specialist for the USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity. The position is full-time, will be based in Kathmandu, and is anticipated to begin summer 2020.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Nepalese citizens will be eligible to apply.**
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in M&E.
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/Nepal staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Eight years of proven work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation and institutional capacity building.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building and M&E methodologies and approaches, especially under USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with host country counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in M&E highly encouraged.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.