*Please submit a cover letter describing your interests in the role.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, digital health systems and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
This is a key leadership role within PATH’s Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy (SPP) group. The SPP group creates and sustains strategic relationships – beyond traditional philanthropy – with a focus on generating long-term, high-impact partnerships. PATH has a long history of collaboration with the private sector and global foundations, both of which are essential to the success and sustainability of our work. We are pioneers in working with the private sector, mobilizing the resources of our partners worldwide to strengthen vulnerable communities and save lives.
The Senior Business Operations Officer is a key partner within PATH’s team of over 1,400 PATH employees in 20 global offices – who every year lead more than $300m of programs and impact on people’s health and well-being.
The Senior Business Operations Officer is responsible for fundraising operations, administration, and ensuring the team makes data-driven decisions. They report to the Chief Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer, supporting three fundraising teams to raise funds from companies, foundations and individual donors. The Senior Business Operations Officer manages a team of four, including a Program Assistant, a Senior Development Assistant, a Donor Stewardship Coordinator, and a SPP intern. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Business Operations team strategy and priorities and facilitate successful execution of strategy.
- Serve as member of the SPP leadership team.
- Design and facilitate implementation of data insights, reports and dashboards for SPP decision making, as well as visibility to the VP of Global Engagement, PATH’s Executive Team, our President and Board of Directors.
- Design and facilitate implementation of moves management and KPI dashboards, managing across stakeholders to build, track and accurately report.
- Manage SPP Ops team members, creating clear goals, supporting their work, clearing roadblocks, assuring broad administrative support to the SPP team in Seattle and Washington DC, and encouraging professional growth.
- Manage budget for business operations expenses.
- Maintain relationship with finance team via quarterly meetings and ensure accurate and timely reporting and reconciliation.
- Ownership of fundraising associated technology stack – including global Salesforce processes and associated technology integration.
- Lead Global Engagement team’s Salesforce working group.
- Conduct Salesforce training for all SPP staff, and for staff outside SPP, by request.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure smooth execution of fundraising marketing.
- Responsible for successful management of state compliance registrations.
As a member of SPP leadership, and from the base of the above responsibilities, the Senior Business Operations Officer is expected to demonstrate initiative and foresight, bringing forward bold, data-based strategic insights on how PATH can drive discontinuous growth and efficiency into fundraising and partnership efforts.
Expected Capabilities, Outcomes, and Key Result Areas
- Quantitative: Manage a team and strategy towards ever improved business operations and analytics.
- Qualitative: An understanding of PATH’s fundraising strategies with deep enough insights to offer analytics, research, metrics and team leadership.