PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Business Development Officer to support PATH’s business development efforts in East Africa with multiple donors, including the United States government (USAID, CDC, NIH, etc.), other governments, foundations and the private sector. This position will focus on developing new business intelligence, new business response strategy and proposal implementation, requiring both strategic and tactical levels of support. This position is pivotal in the development of sound, responsive and compelling bids. Partnering with country program leaders in East Africa and technical program leaders across the organization, the successful candidate will be in the center of the work, able to affect the direction of key bids. S/he will work both internally across the organization as well as externally with donors and partners. Opportunities to lead both large and small teams will be abundant. Duties may require domestic travel in Kenya and regional travel within East Africa approximating 25 percent time and a flexible work schedule to permit for either early morning or late evening teleconference calls or assignments.
- Building close relationships with assigned country programs in East Africa and ensuring delivery of the full life cycle of business development services, from strategic guidance for positioning to proposal management.
- Developing long-range business plans with country programs.
- Representing the country programs and PATH in business development efforts, including with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Providing short- and long-term assistance in business intelligence and developing and implementing capture plans.
- Analyzing proposal content and donor debriefings.
- Contribute to writing specific sections of proposals.
- Providing analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
- Acquiring approval of needed resources and assurance of availability (proposal team, budget, personnel, facilities, etc.).
- Maintaining proposal quality and ensuring total proposal compliance.
- Supervise/mentor less experienced staff.