About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
About The Job: As a key member of the Business Development Team, the Senior Business Development Manager, Health serves a leadership role as a proposal lead, capture lead, coordinator, or technical writer for critical, large Health bids. This includes leading capture/pre-bid preparation, proposal development, and transition to the Program staff for implementation.
The Senior Business Development Manager, Health must be familiar with the process of responding to solicitations by U.S. government entities such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Center for Disease Control. Additionally, the Senior Business Development Manager, Health must be familiar with the process for U.K. government entities, such as the Department for International Development (DFID), and the European Union (EU). S/he will become familiar with the global health portfolio, and support development of country-level business development strategies as they relate to critical health bids. S/he will also possess exceptional management, communication, organization, and time-management skills. Additionally, this position will represent the organization externally to cultivate strategic partnerships with peer organizations, institutional donors, foundations, private sector representatives, and international government officials both in the US and in country.
Strategy and Positioning
- Serve as the global point of contact for positioning and development of new health opportunities.
- Regular collaboration on the Business Development strategy, in partnership with the Director of Business Development.
- Expertly speak on behalf of Corus’ global health portfolio to institutional donors, foundation and private sector representatives and international government officials.
- Develop and lead scoping trips abroad to identify new funding opportunities and potential strategic partnerships for Corus, including identifying and scheduling strategic meetings with donors, peers, and coordination groups. Report recommendations to senior leadership and develop updated positioning strategies and landscape analyses based on findings.
- Proactively lead, in collaboration with regional teams and the technical-health team, the building and development of the global health pipeline.
Capture and Proposal Management
- Serve as Capture/Proposal Manager for specific health opportunities where requested, including analyzing competition, scoping potential consortium roles and members and negotiating Corus roles, articulating Corus’ value-add and role, developing capacity statements and coordinating other research to maximize Corus’ position in anticipation of a solicitation.
- Serves as a thought partner and supports the Technical Design Lead to ensure proposed approaches align with donor mandates.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for international partners, leading negotiations with peer organizations to competitively position Corus within consortiums for high value opportunities.
Team Management and Capacity Building
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate training sessions for Corus staff at headquarters and oversees to build business acquisition capacities. Additionally, draft terms of reference for external trainers to lead trainings identified as appropriate and strategic for Corus staff.
- Make recommendations to the BD Director policy changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business acquisition and proposal development processes at Corus.
Location: Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD
About The Ideal Candidate: If you are a senior business development professional, with an expertise in health, are well-versed in the business development cycle, from positioning to submission, are comfortable leading Corus’ global health pipeline, and have an eye towards the global health donor landscape, we’d love to meet you! Corus is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating and improving business development processes, and comfortable working across Corus departments to navigate towards solutions to proposal challenges.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally, at least 30% of the time to countries where Corus works.
- 8-10 years of experience in business development with increasing of level of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (or equivalent job experience), such as Economic Development, International Development or Public Health.
- Demonstrated experience in program development; proven and sustained success in raising restricted Health funding from institutional donors.
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of business development processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and relationship management skills with excellent writing and computer skills.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity – both individually and as part of a team – and to adjust to shifting priorities.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Apply via the online portal for immediate consideration!