The role contributes to the design and full automation of the rules / processes (including online documents flow) / procedures related to the functioning of the Board of Executive Directors, Board of Governors and other committees as well as for their smooth implementation, by coordinating administration / logistics activities for related BED/BOG events and overseeing the preparation of communications, the accuracy and proper uploading distribution of online board documents and other relevant information and materials, in accordance with IDB processes and guidelines via complying with international standards and global best practices.
- Liaises with several involved parties of IDB Group and coordinates the prompt planning, organization and implementation of Board of Governors, General Assemblies, Board of Executive Directors of IDB, Board of Directors and their committees and other committee meetings and events (scheduling, emoluments, travel, accommodation, allowances, communication, catering, entitlement disbursements, agenda formulation, related documents preparation and distribution etc.), in accordance with IDB guidelines and standards.
- Administers board related systems and platforms and provides accurate necessary documentation for Board meetings, such as the distribution of Board and Committee papers for consideration and the preparation of summary records, minutes of meetings, briefings, and executive summaries, whilst ensuring their timely and efficient dissemination.
- Maintains official records and documents relating to the meetings of the Board of Governors, General Assemblies and Board of Executive Directors of IDB in accordance with IDB policies and procedures.
- Conducts post meeting evaluation, including data analysis and report generation for the management’s review.
- Maintains the official databases regarding contact information for Governors (including their alternates), representatives on General Assemblies and Board members
- Communicates regularly with Board Members and other internal and external stakeholders across the IDB Group to resolve any relevant inquiries and, if needed, escalate outstanding issues.
- Participates in preparatory meetings with other IDB departments for organizing high-level seminars, conferences, meetings and other events.
- Works out the manual of Executive Directors.
- Conducts the orientation program for the newly elected/appointed Executive Directors and supports them in understanding and adhering to the processes and rules of the Board.
- Regularly reviews and updates important corporate documents such as Procedures Committee Reports, Annual Meeting drafts etc.
- Collects / consolidates input from various stakeholders across the bank and prepares and presents ad-hoc and periodic reports, as requested by the management
- Drafts policies, procedures and programs for BED/BOG meetings at the IDB Group to be reviewed and approved by the management.
- Provides training, guidance and coaching to less experienced team members regarding Board Affairs related issues.
- Contributes to the good governance of the bank by providing international quality control standards for issues related to the affairs of the division.
- Proposes improvements and updates of the meetings’ procedures to ensure that they are efficient, effective and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure division work is carried out in compliance with policies, procedures and programs for BED/BOG meetings at IDB Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Public Administration, Marketing, Communications or any other related field
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) desired
- English (Mandatory)
- Arabic (Mandatory)
- French (Preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
7-9 years of relevant experience with boards and related online systems, ideally within IDB Group, similar international organizations such as the United Nations or other MDBs/IFIs
Job specific competencies
- Interpersonal & communication skills (oral and writing)
- Knowledge of corporate governance, board protocols, policies, and procedures
- Organizing skills
- Business acumen / knowledge and understanding of the IDB Group’s activities
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to handle confidential information in discrete manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Executive information management
- Corporate governance
- Problem solving
- Computer skills
- Production and management of board – related systems and platforms (e.g. e-Board system)
- Management of board events’ practices / protocols and organization (e.g. Board of Governors Annual Meetings, etc.)
- Digital records and documents management process and functions
Jeddah, Saudi Aarabia