Senior Associate Program Manager
Based in: Washington, DC
Reports to: Senior Manager, Social Enterprise
Department: Global Operations
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The level of effort across essential functions will vary depending upon the program management team joined. Supports PSI’s operational, technical, and programmatic excellence goals and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging operational, technical and/or project management support to a global project or portfolio of network members, countries, or projects. Works with network members/country project teams, headquarters technical and service departments, and subcontractors to ensure program/project objectives are met and are in compliance with donor requirements. Ensures the programmatic and financial health and technical quality of portfolio of one or more country or global project(s), countries, or components of a network member/country project portfolio of moderate to high complexity. May support training and technical assistance for staff and internal audiences. May also support country, project, or departmental leadership with donor relations. Within a global project or technical team also contribute to the development of technical documents and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Monitors and ensures smooth operational and programmatic implementation and technical quality of a portfolio of global project(s) or network members/countries/social businesses, including monitoring of workplans and deliverables, and subaward management in coordination with immediate team members, network member or global project team members, and global technical and service departments.
- Provides financial management support to department and network member/country/social businesses teams, including tracking of project, country, and team budgets, cross-walking donor budgets to profits and loss statement, project spend, and review of financial reports.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, administration of online communications site(s), development of communications materials, and presentations for internal or external audiences.
- Assists with business development opportunities and project extensions, including strategy and technical proposal development.
- Supports onboarding/training of staff on PSI processes and systems.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required.
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience required. Degree can be substitute by years of experience.
- Knowledge of international development, international donor priorities and/or health areas preferred (such as DFID, USAID, CDC, KFW, corporate and foundation donors).
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross-cultural communications skills. Relevant language skills per country and program portfolio.
- Skills in Excel, budget management and monitoring, and strong financial acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage own time to prioritize diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- A keen sense of urgency and strong work ethic, positive mindset, and comfort with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic and bureaucratic environment.
References will be required.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position [subject to legal eligibility requirements].
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them. Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect. Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve. Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed. Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt. Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.