The Senior Associate reports to the Vice President of International Operations with a heavy dotted line to the Senior Director for Procurement. S/he is responsible for procurement processes and contracts for U.S. consultants and for conducting vendor vetting, under the oversight of the Senior Director for Procurement, and for providing overall administrative support to the Vice President and other senior leadership of the International Operations department.
- Post consultant openings, receive and review applications, and process paperwork and contracts associated with US consultants, engaging with consultant managers/requesters.
- Liaise with HR department to address any tasks related to applicants’ proper identification (consultant versus employee), as and if needed.
- Conduct vetting of vendors.
- Maintain consultant files/folders.
- Update procurement tracker to record all new consultant requests.
- Provide guidance to staff and other team members on processes for requesting US consultants.
- Provide other support to Procurement team as requested.
- Schedule meetings for VP and Senior Directors and assist with event planning and logistics.
- Attend meetings at direction of VP to take notes and disseminate to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the consolidation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinate travel on behalf of Internal Ops senior leadership.
- Process invoices.
- Arrange for translation of documents.
- Obtain letters, signatures, and other documents including notarization and apostilles and certification of translations, necessary to add or remove signatories from overseas bank accounts, process overseas registrations, etc. This may require occasional trips to notarizing offices and to embassies or consulates in Washington, DC.
- Track traveler compliance with pre-departure security protocols (iSOS) and follow up with non-compliant travelers.
- Maintain file architecture on SharePoint and ensure compliance with agency’s records retention
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum one (1) year of experience in administrative and/or procurement support role; or Associate’s degree and three (3)+ years additional work experience.
- Good verbal and written communications in English.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in an office environment and to conduct occasional travel to government offices in Maryland or Washington, DC.