QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Senior Associate, Learning and Organizational Development will provide project management support and technical assistance to ongoing QED projects, as well as participation in new business development. Activity areas will include knowledge management, collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), organizational learning, adaptive management, and other technical areas under the team’s portfolio. He or she will report to the Director of Learning and Organizational Development.
- Supports and leads the design, development, and implementation of methods and tools for knowledge management and learning activities and approaches
- Conducts training and other learning events, and facilitates workshops and strategic planning sessions
- Supports new business development of knowledge management, organizational development and learning work, and helps develop and write technical components of proposals, as requested
- Provides short-term technical assistance, training in-country, and strategy management
- Develops frameworks, methodologies, and tools for knowledge management and learning
- Promotes the use of knowledge management tools within the Company and community
- Designs and implements effective learning activities working with clients to scope, implement and assess
- Participates in strategic planning for the Learning and Organizational Development practice area
- Works closely with Senior Leadership and Programs teams to identify new growth opportunities
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for technical input on other QED projects, and other activities and tasks as needed
- Contributes to QED thought leadership by speaking at conferences, authoring white papers and publications, and providing content to newsletters and website
- Maintains billability level as directed
- Ability to travel and work overseas up to 25%
- Advanced degree in international development/relations, social science, international education, or a related field
- At least 6 years’ experience in learning and organizational development as it relates to International Development and working with USAID and USAID-funded programs
- Prior experience with facilitation and training
- Exposure to international project management
- Experience conducting assessments and implementing strategic plans
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to seamlessly handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works well independently and in teams
- Proactive in anticipating work requirements and completing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Overseas field experience preferred – either living or working abroad at least 6 months
- Experience in working with senior leaders to assess organizational needs and develop high-impact solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and management across the international development sphere
- Strong ability to turn abstract concepts and messages into compelling content and presentations
- Related certifications – PMP, CKM, CPLP, CPTM, etc.
- Foreign language fluency in either French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, etc.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.