Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
Position Summary: The Senior Associate, HR Operations (SAHRO) will provide operational and management support to the organization’s benefits and compensation programs, the quality control and administration of HR data systems, and the management of global expatriate staff. The SAHRO plays a key role in the organization’s benefits and compensation strategies designed to attract, motivate, and retain the employee talent essential to supporting organization’s mission as well as market competitiveness, internal equity, and compliance with organizational policy and funder regulations. The SAHRO supports the Senior Director, HR Operations (SDHRO) and the Manager of Benefits, Compensation & HRIS (Benefits Manager), while also supporting the Chief People & Diversity Officer (CPDO) in managing priorities with professional and proactive administrative support and through serving as a liaison for internal and external audiences.
Key Result Areas (KRAs):
The success of this role is measured by the following KRAs:
- HR Operations (Benefits, Compensation, HRIS) Support
- Client Service Orientation, Management and Support
- Quality Control and Data Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
- Provides benefits management and administration support by planning and executing specific projects to include, but not limited to open enrollment, developing presentations, coordinating events and meetings, assisting with critical deadlines, and providing timely communication to staff and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates compensation and classification (job grading) requests to include to include salary changes, job grade verification, payroll changes and updating HR database to reflect changes.
- Manages integrity of HR data files and HR systems to include ensuring accuracy and maintaining error-free data entry.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Generates HRIS reports as requested and performs quality control and analysis as needed.
- Leads employment verifications.
- Ensures HR and benefits files are complete and compliant.
- Contributes to system- and process-flow recommendations.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
- Manages and/or assists with processing and reconciliation of benefits invoices for HR team.
- Coordinates special projects such as audits of benefits, HRIS or other HR programs.
- Supports regulatory compliance with applicable local, state, and federal requirements and laws, and assists with general HR compliance concerns as requested.
- Responds to routine staff inquiries about benefits, policies, and practices.
- Maintains the Benefits SharePoint page.
- Manages internal and external appointments and events for the CPDO’s calendar, HR wide events and meetings, and retreats, and coordinates with internal departments and staff on logistics and meeting preparation.
Events and Logistics
- Coordinates and/or assists with new hire onboarding, employee orientation and benefits training.
- Provides general support to the COVID-19 Workgroup.
- Supports SDHRO and Benefits Manager with research/special projects.
- Supports Global HR Team members on a wide variety of administrative tasks, as needed.
This section outlines the reporting structure for the position, stating which role this position reports to and which roles report to this position.
- Senior Director, HR Operations (Direct)
- Manager, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS (Indirect)
- Chief People & Diversity Officer (Indirect)
Education & Experience:
Requirements which may include minimum and preferred educational and job-related experience, computer proficiencies, required certifications, language requirements (speaking, reading, and writing) etc.
· B.A. or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of three years’ experience working in Human Resources performing general tasks and activities.
· Experience and/or strong interest in benefits, compensation and HRIS management desired.
· Experience managing budgets and/or processing invoices is a plus.
· Experience with report-writing software helpful.
- Experience in the international development, government contracting, and/or non-profit sectors a plus.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
Requirements which may include specialized knowledge or skills necessary to perform a specific role.
- Knowledge of confidentially as it relates to HR data ensuring confidentiality of employee information.
- Strong proficiency required with ADP and/or similar HR/payroll management systems as well as the Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Teams.
- Ability to lead projects and work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to function well within a team context and maintain courteousness, responsiveness, humor, and service-oriented attitude in the face of demanding situations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor. Global positions that are bound by contracts will not be changed without notice and approval.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular attendance at least 5 days/week. The employee must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- This position may be asked to travel as needed between the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore offices. We anticipate at least one trip per quarter.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Zero Tolerance to Abuse
As a member of the Corus Family, each employee is expected to:
- Help to develop and maintain an environment that welcome and develop a diverse workforce.
- Foster a work environment where everyone feels valued and included.
- Support employees’ evaluation and promotion processes based on skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all members of Corus family, stakeholders in general, and particularly for the communities we serve.
- Follow Corus Code of Conduct helping to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment, sexual abuse and exploitation, and trafficking in persons.
- Adhere to the Organizational Core Values
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.