International humanitarian organizations Lutheran World Relief and IMA World Health are in the process of combining operations to dramatically increase their impact on breaking the cycle of poverty and promoting healthier families and communities throughout the world. Lutheran World Relief and IMA World Health, a faith-based public health agency headquartered in Washington, D.C. are searching for a Senior Associate, Global Talent Acquisition to join the HR Team at this exciting time. The position may be in Washington D.C. or Baltimore MD.
The Senior Associate, Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) will serve as the primary point of contact for recruitment, partnering with hiring managers and the HR team to anticipate and meet recruitment needs both domestically and internationally and will lead succession planning, diversity initiatives and onboarding.
The Senior Associate, GTA will act as a single point of contact for hiring managers, designing and implementing domestic and global sourcing and recruitment strategies and providing a full-life cycle recruiting process and onboarding for a broad range of HQ- and internationally based positions. This individual is responsible for identifying new opportunities to initiate and cultivate relationships with external parties that reflect possible sources of emerging and diverse talent, ensuring candidates receive accurate timely information and have a positive experience interviewing with LWR and IMA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement cost effective results-oriented recruitment strategies that demonstrate an understanding of the industry and various markets LWR and IMA is operating in as well as organizational culture.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for hiring managers at both HQ and in country offices.
- Oversee all passive and active sourcing strategies, network with external recruiting partners and research cost effective media options for targeted recruitments.
- Oversee the full life cycle recruitment process to include: talking with the hiring manager about positions, editing job descriptions, developing a recruitment strategy, advertising the job vacancy, identifying interview team, assisting in the development of interview questions and tests, setting up interviews, performing interviews as needed, tracking candidates, maintaining communication with the hiring manager, extending offers, negotiating salaries, providing benefits explanation and performing background checks.
- Develop, and monitor strategies and opportunities for diversity; develop targeted recruitment and sourcing plans.
- Partner with the Communication department to create an LWR and IMA talent branding strategy and recruitment campaign; to include, the development of brochures and handouts for use at career fairs, forums and recruitment events.
- Assist with facilitating the onboarding of new staff; provide training to hiring managers and HR staff on the onboarding process.
- Build knowledge in career and succession planning in order to provide specialist advice and support to subordinates and end-users with regards to talent assessments and succession planning.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent; HR Certification Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience; including a minimum of 3 years with an international non-profit or mission-driven organization.
- Hands-on experience with full life-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- Expert knowledge of Internet search tools/techniques and state-of-the-art sourcing and recruiting of both passive and active candidates; familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs);
- Knowledge of US Labour Laws is required; knowledge and experience with USAID RFA/RFP proposal processes; experience working for a U.S. Government contractor such as USAID. Experience with non-U.S. donors such as DFID, Foundations and/or individual donors very helpful.
- Proven experience in negotiating compensation and benefits packages with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to connect with people, establish credibility and trust with employees in various geographic locations and with multi-generational demographics, and job functions.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive matters and to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
- This position will require domestic travel and may require international travel.
- Fluency in either French or Spanish helpful.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
IMA & LWR prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.