Senior Associate Event Producer, Maverick Collective
Based in Washington, DC (Remote Possible)
Up to 10% international travel
Reports to Program Manager, Experience
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Experiential Philanthropy team is on the cutting edge of PSI’s healthcare mission by reimagining philanthropy toward greater impact. Experiential Philanthropy means giving beyond the checkbook, so individual philanthropists can use their whole net-worth to drive innovation. For a philanthropist, it’s the difference between reading an article on teenage pregnancy versus joining a 15-year-old Ethiopian girl for coffee to discuss her hopes and dreams.
Experiential Philanthropy is the home to Maverick Collective, and its three signature Maverick programs – The Projects, The Fellowship (MaverickNext), and The Impact Portfolio (soon to be launched). Maverick Collective is a full representation of our approach to philanthropy. Our Members are fully immersed in the work at hand – real dollars, real learning, real impact.
The Associate Event Producer is responsible for full execution of the member experience (in-person and virtual) for Maverick Collective across its three signature Maverick programs. The Associate Event Producer will report to the Manager of Experience who is responsible for setting the Maverick experience strategy and design, learning agendas and frameworks, as well as manages the MaverickNext program and its active cohorts of Fellows.
The Associate Event Producer will demonstrate both exceptional event management skills and creative event design experience. They will demonstrate superb organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and time-management. They are meticulous, creative, proactive and can manage well under pressure.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Works closely with the Manager of Experience on the design of the learning journey and experience for all Maverick Collective donors, including The Projects, The Fellowship, and The Impact Portfolio.
- Produces key in-person and/or virtual programs and community learning experiences, including but not limited to retreats, group and individual field trips including working with country/project teams on execution, learning days, virtual learning, and conferences, with attention to detail in pre- and post-event planning and follow-up.
- Serves as project manager and producer of Maverick Collective’s yearlong digital learning experience, sourcing materials across internal teams and external partners and vendors, to ensure we meet tight timelines, educational objectives, and quality standards. Some key components of the digital learning experience include virtual group calls, produced videos, and partner calls.
- Works across various internal PSI teams, including country, program and technical teams, Communications, Security, and IT, as well external consultants to produce Maverick Collective’s digital learning experience and in-person activities.
- Drafts written communication to the Members, external partners, briefing books, and materials related to the Maverick Collective digital learning experience.
- Manage a resource library that houses relevant media for Members and Fellows to access for ongoing learning, as well as a repository for each group’s learning agendas, updates, photography, etc.
- Serves as the point person for the Experience team to vendors and for logistics, travel, and protocol related to Member Experience.
- Coordinates the facilitation, administration, and logistics for group-based experiential learning, to ensure a high-quality and highly organized donor experience.
- Coordinates all admin and logistics.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous, and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- BA/BS required; Master’s highly preferred.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally with emphasis in event management.
- You have experience producing high-quality events both in-person.
- Experience producing virtual events is highly preferred.
- Experience managing event productions or working with production vendors.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail oriented.
- Professional communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect and communicate with diverse audiences.
- Possesses technical/digital capacity; or a strong interest and predisposition to learning/executing/teaching use of digital platforms (ex. microsites, virtual meeting platforms, etc.)
- Familiarity working with WordPress or other content management system is desirable but not a requirement.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
You have experience producing high-quality events both in-person and virtually. You understand that well-produced events do not happen on their own and they require strategy and expert preparation. You anticipate problems before they happen and plan accordingly. You can manage multiple workstreams at once to pull off a seamless production. You can stay cool, calm, and collected under pressure.
You understand and appreciate the power of relationships and are eager to build networks. You are curious about others and eager to connect with new people and partners.
Strategist and an Innovator
You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
You present yourself as an articulate, polished and sophisticated individual and have experience interacting comfortably with high-level individuals and groups. You listen carefully as well as give advice and respect the abilities of others. You are transparent and share openly.
You like to work closely with a team and across teams and can navigate a matrix of reporting lines and responsibilities to achieve common objectives; you foster collaboration and support your colleagues. You know how to manage up and across teams to achieve activity goals and objectives.
In many ways Maverick Collective is a start-up. We are looking for creative, engaged people who want to be part of evolving the model. You are comfortable taking on responsibilities outside your direct scope to advance the model, working closely with team members, trying new things, failing fast and pivoting.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.