In coordination with the Chief of Party, s/he is primarily responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments and analytical reports.
- Oversee and contribute substantively to the to the design and field testing of the study methodology, data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques and other analytical tasks.
- Oversee survey and index work conducted by local partners.
- Responsible for working with USAID to develop SOWs for assessments and analytical reports.
- Troubleshoot implementation of assessments and analytical reports; assists in presentation and dissemination of reports.
- Supervise analysis of data and preparation of assessment and analytic report; serve as editor and initial technical reviewer of all reports.
- Recruit and supervise the work of short-term technical assistance staff; lead team planning meetings.
- Master’s degree or PhD in social science or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of research experience.
- Demonstrated expertise managing, leading and coordinating quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing quantitative and qualitative instruments for data collection.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting required.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Experience working on development programs in Bosnia or in the Balkans region is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Bosnian with excellent written and oral communications skills required.