Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
This position will be based in any of our EDF offices or remotely in the contiguous United States.
EDF’s Development Department solicits donations from millions of people each year. Development staff work collaboratively with marketing and IT professionals to make sure we constantly improve how we serve our members. The mid-level giving program (Catalyst Circle) has been growing in sophistication and now requires a dedicated senior analyst to help further customize target audiences and direct marketing techniques for this important donor constituency.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Direct Marketing, the Senior Analyst, Mid-Level Giving is a senior data specialist who independently uses database-query, relationship-management applications, and statistical software to help inform EDF’s donor strategy with special focus on the mid-level donor segment ($5,000.00 to $25,000.00 giving range).
This position will help manage the segmentation and data tracking needed to more precisely support Catalyst Circle donor development and cultivate upgrades from Membership to Catalyst Circle. Working directly with the Catalyst Circle Director, the analyst will fulfill existing data needs, answer challenging questions, and provide insight into improving targeting and fundraising. This position requires attention to detail, can-do attitude, perseverance, and ability to lead processes using advanced tools for segmentation, list pulls, data mining, and statistical analysis.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience using relational databases, and database-query applications and has worked with people with varying levels of technical background. This position requires knowledge of direct marketing techniques as well as superb communication skills. Experience in the nonprofit fundraising sector is preferred.
- Responsible for producing direct mail, telemarketing, and occasional e-mail house lists, and tracking records of those solicitations using EDF’s existing deployment of HCL’s Unica.
- Become an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in list pull business rules and serve as a thought partner to help navigate complex challenges.
- Work with other Catalyst Circle staff, Membership staff, IT, and consultants to increase the efficiency and use of applications in addressing data opportunities.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements and document both business rules and data processes.
- Use query tools, Salesforce reports, and Excel to conduct research into data-hygiene issues and provide requested information, reports, and explanations to address and resolve data anomalies.
- Continuously build knowledge base about non-profit fundraising techniques and strategies
- Follow EDF testing practices.
- Use statistical software to analyze test results, project revenue and make recommendations.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience working with CRM applications or advanced degree plus two years’ experience working with CRM applications.
- Proven logical and organizational skills related to programming or coding.
- Ability to independently address challenges with data applications by asking questions, consulting manuals, and researching online resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into straightforward language for non-technical colleagues and partners.
- Ability to thoroughly address inquiries with high levels of complexity and novelty.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Required skills include experience using many of the following applications: HCL Unica, Tableau, Salesforce, SQL, advanced Excel, Minitab, or other statistical software.
- Background in some statistics is preferred.
Full-time (35 hrs/wk)
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive
salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities
consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 75,000 –
which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills,
training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.