Eurasia Group is seeking an experienced and versatile candidate familiar with global technology and ICT regulatory and cybersecurity issues to conduct analysis of the key issues affecting our large and growing global client base. The ideal candidate will bring some background in several areas, such as the global digital economy, financial services/fintech, and cybersecurity developments and bring a mix of private sector, technology sector, government policy, and international experience to the job.
The candidate will work with Eurasia Group’s Practice Head for Geo-technology to identify, monitor, and analyze technology-related regulatory and key ICT market developments globally, primarily in greater China, the US, Russia, Latin America, and the EU. The ideal candidate will also understand how national and local political forces shape the investment climate and tech regulatory environment for multinational firms in at least one other geographic area, such as Russia or Southeast Asia, with special attention to regulatory and operational risks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Follow and report on key developments in US, EU, Russia, and China politics related to regulatory issues for the information technology sector broadly, for example, implementation of EU ICT regulatory initiatives, development of regulations related to cross border data flows data localization, encryption, and tracking global investment in high-tech sectors such as semiconductors, AI, automation, robotics, blockchain, and cloud services.
- Assist the Practice Head in developing capacity in key emerging areas of high interest to clients, such as fintech, sovereign digital currencies, and emerging regulatory issues around the financial sector. A financial services background would be a major plus here.
- Follow and report on emerging areas of cooperation/friction between the EU, the US, and other key markets, such as China and Russia, and for example, investment reviews, barriers to market access, and major industrial policies and initiatives such as China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
- Provide targeted research for use in client-facing products on specific topics, for example research notes and reports, responses to client inquiries, power point presentations.
- Participate in regular client calls and written updates on breaking events and take the initiative in working on business development and other client focused consulting work.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools, for example, policy trackers, informational graphics, new topics and themes meriting deeper coverage.
Our work environment is often fast-paced and very demanding. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline. You will be expected to manage complex research projects on tight deadlines. You must have excellent written and oral presentation skills in English and be comfortable presenting and defending your analysis before senior executives at some of the world’s largest companies.
You must have professional experience that reflects strong skills as an analyst, a manager, and a communicator. Candidates with significant in-country experience are preferred, and a relevant advanced degree is required. Professional/research fluency in at least one language relevant to areas covered by the Geo-technology Practice is a plus but not a requirement.
Applicants will be considered for the firm’s Washington DC or New York offices, and all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. We will also consider applicants willing to work from our offices in Asia in Singapore and Tokyo.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.