Position Title: Senior Analyst, Data Interpretation & Use
Reports to: Associate Director, System Design and Evaluation
Sitting on the Strategic Information & Systems team, the Senior Analyst will focus on quantitative analysis, the development of data reports and data utilization tools, and supporting clinical and programmatic staff in making the best use of data systems for donor reporting and program quality improvement. Leveraging expertise in data analysis and synthesis, the main goals of this role are to make data more easily available and understandable to stakeholders across PIH and to facilitate the dissemination of high quality, timely data for a wide variety of purposes.
Data analysis and interpretation (60%)
- Analyze, visualize and synthesize process and outcome data from care delivery sites to provide feedback to clinical teams for the purpose of programmatic improvement, and to measure and understand program impact.
- Provide key support to the Impact team to leverage data and analysis projects to support fundraising, external communications and advocacy efforts and for broader organizational use.
- Develop and support existing systems, processes and tools to support organizational use of data to demonstrate the impact of PIH’s work globally, in collaboration with the Impact team.
- Support ongoing data quality initiatives, including coordinating data audit analyses.
- Manage data requests for routine reporting and communications, facilitating interactions between care delivery site teams and data requestors organization-wide.
- Support writing and data analysis for articles and other academic publications.
- Participate in operational research and modeling efforts and help translate their results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations.
- Develop and/or maintain data dashboards for program monitoring.
- Collaborate on evaluation, documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned from PIH’s work.
Technical Assistance and Project Management (40%)
- Support the implementation of key monitoring and evaluation systems for PIH, including DHIS2 and other digital health systems.
- Assist in the development of different M&E guidelines, SOPs, data dictionaries and documentation.
- Maintain an index of data collection tools, resources and databases across care delivery sites to facilitate data use.
- Support implementation of evaluation efforts, such as household surveys, patient satisfaction surveys, quality of care surveys and facility-based surveys to understand and document program impact.
- Collaborate with SIS team and clinical care delivery colleagues to ensure electronic collection systems produce data reports that feed into useful analysis and reporting tools and templates.
- Build the capacity of care delivery site teams to analyze and use data generated from the program activities, including data management best practices through training and mentoring.
- Develop guidelines and toolkits to help PIH colleagues maximize the effective use of data analysis and reporting tools.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a field requiring analytical problem-solving and analysis
- Master’s degree or comparable work experience in public health, statistics, or a related field preferred
- Experience with information management systems and relational databases, especially PowerBI and DHIS2
- Strong skills in data management and statistical analysis, including use of software such as Stata or R
- Experience validating and analyzing data from electronic medical records systems, mobile health applications, and other “real world” datasets preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to synthesize evidence into effective presentations and actionable recommendations for various audiences
- Working proficiency in Spanish, French and/or Haitian Kreyol preferred
- Familiarity with GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS) preferred
- Experience living and/or working in resource-constrained environments preferred
- Ability to travel (up to 15%)
- Cover Letter and Resume required
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.