PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities by working with policymakers, coalitions, and other influential individuals and groups. APP is a department of more than 40 staff, across multiple locations worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting a Senior Advocacy & Policy Officer to work in collaboration with the advocacy department and technical experts across PATH in DRC to support a project at the national level and in four provinces to improve policies and increase financing for immunization, Human African Trypanosomiasis (HAT) and Maternal Newborn and Child Health in DRC.
The Senior Advocacy & Policy officer will report to the Advocacy and Policy Manager and will work closely with the advocacy colleagues based in Kwango, Kwilu, Haut-Lomami and Tanganyika provinces.
- Provide support to the Advocacy and Policy Manager for project management across the portfolio of advocacy projects in DRC, especially at the provincial level.
- Manage staff and provide project technical support to Advocacy and Policy Officers based in Kwango, Kwilu, Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami provinces.
- Support the development of work plans including annual project activity plans, updated monthly in collaboration with key PATH departments and external stakeholders, and oversee implementation to high standards by scope and timelines.
- Track the progress of the workplan and budget implementation
- Conceive and implement a variety of advocacy activities to inform and influence policymakers, decision-makers, thought leaders, advocates and influencers, to elevate policy goals in immunization, HAT and MNCH at the provincial level.
- Directly engage as necessary with provincial government decision makers, influencers and partners to pursue changes in the adoption and implementation of health policies and related health financing.
- With support from the communications team, contribute to the development of high-quality reports, policy updates, briefs, presentations, investment cases and other materials for varying audiences.
- Document project progress, including collecting and reporting monitoring and evaluation data.
- In collaboration with the advocacy and Policy Manager, represent PATH in key meetings and other relevant events and keep contact with decision makers and influencers in DRC, especially as it pertains to the engagement of provincial leaders at the national level.
- Serve as the central point of contact for PATH advocacy work at the provincial level.
- Build productive internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in provinces
- Travel within provinces in DRC and to other countries for meetings and other aligned to project goals.
- In collaboration with the Advocacy Manager, develop advocacy strategic plans and activities in relation with the advocacy goals.
- Serve as drive belt between national and provincial efforts to ensure accountability with local governments.
- Work with the Advocacy manager to build and maintain relationships with partners and key stakeholders including policy makers.