Senior Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation
FHI360/Zambia with support from USAID/PEPFAR, implements the Zambia Prevention, Care and Treatment Partnership II Bridge Project (ZPCT IIB). The project works with the Government of Zambia to scale up and expand access to HIV/AIDS biomedical interventions including antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), male circumcision (MC) and voluntary counselling and testing.
FHI360 is anticipating the release of the upcoming USAID project known as Securing an AIDS Free Era (SAFE). It is expected that this project will continue and expand this important work. We expect that the new project will specifically advance and deliver state of the art technical expertise in effective and tested approaches to provide comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. The project will continue to prioritize focused, high impact, cost effective and geographically targeted activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Advisor for Strategic Information is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation for the project. Under the supervision of the Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Research, he/she will also oversee project activities related to HMIS, research, targeted evaluation, surveillance, surveys, monitoring and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with and engage all stakeholders (National, International, and Donor) in various phases of the project (from M&E system development to reporting and dissemination) to ensure that SAFE fulfills their M&E needs. This includes working with other entities involved in information systems to review existing data collection tools and revise accordingly.
- Ensure that the SAFE fulfills all their M&E requirements by reporting to FHI HQ, USAID, and Government of Zambia (CBoH/MOH, NAC)
- Develop a comprehensive SAFE M&E Work Plan at the start of project, assess the implementation of the Work Plan on a regular basis, and make updates to the Work Plan as needed. A Work Plan that is in line with the National M&E plan should be developed.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of databases and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual data analyses for submission to USAID and FHI HQ
- Masters degree in mathematical sciences, social sciences, statistics, public health or post graduate qualification with additional experience.
- Minimum five years working experience in epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation with at least three years three years.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.