Senior Administrative Associate
International Health Programs, Emergency Operations and Innovation
This position provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President for Health an Emergency Operations (EVP), the Vice President for Innovations (VP-I), and the Vice President for Health Programs (VP-H). S/he will also have responsibilities for special projects as requested/assigned by the Health Programs Department, Emergency Operations Department, and/or Innovations. Responsibilities are carried out in Washington, DC, with periodic need to work from Baltimore, Maryland. Occasional domestic travel may be required.
General Administrative Support
- Manage office logistics and communications for the EVP/VP-H/VP-I.
- Maintain calendars as requested.
- Coordinate visitors to the office to meet with EVP/VP-H/VP-I or their respective teams.
- Assist with donor relations as needed, including being a focal point of communication with donors.
- Assist the EVP/VP-H/VP-I in the development of presentations.
- Assist the EVP/VP-H/VP-I in managing the timely and accurate submission of staff time sheets, expense reports and other routine reports required for all staff.
- Support the EVP/VP-H/VP-I in managing external relationships and delegating/follow-up action to respective teams or colleagues.
Travel Coordination and Support
- Coordinate with travel agency to arrange all domestic and international work-related travel arrangements on behalf of the EVP/VP-H/VP-I, including flights, hotels, and ground transport when needed.
- Manage the process of obtaining visas for EVP/VP-H/VP-I, including obtaining and preparation of paperwork, tracking of status, ensuring that the visa is obtained in time to travel.
- Facilitate travel advances for the EVP/VP-H/VP-I when needed.
- Prepare and submit the credit card and expense reports for the EVP/VP-H/VP-I. Follow up as necessary to ensure reimbursement.
- Support the development and distribution of travel reports as needed.
- Coordinate/liaise with the Security office as needed to ensure adherence of EVP/VP-H/VP-I to security policies.
Internal Communication and Coordination
- Assist the EVP/VP-H/VP-I in reporting to staff on Leadership Team meetings and action items; facilitate, monitor and report on the timely implementation of action items within the teams
- In consultation with the EVP/VP-H/VP-I, identify issues that require the attention of the EVP/VP-H/VP-I(s)
- Manage an annual planning calendar for teams that identifies cross-unit joint activity, due dates for various reports and meetings
- Manage calendars tracking leave plans and travel for teams
- Effectively represent the EVP/VP-H/VP-I in meetings or on teams/committees as assigned
- Take notes, record observations, and gather next steps or follow up items for the VP’s offices.
Meetings and Event Management
- Schedule internal and external meetings on behalf of EVP/VP-H/VP-I.
- Manage logistics related to internal and external meetings. Coordinate with other teams as needed to facilitate the logistics
- Support EVP/VP-H/VP-I to prepare materials for meetings (presentations, agenda, etc.)
- Take minutes or notes on meetings.
- Ensure follow-up on actions as requested.
- Facilitate and participate in the on-boarding of new staff to help them understand the role and work of the department
- Maintain office files
- Perform spot checks of filing systems to ensure compliance
- Support EVP/VP-H/VP-I in management of budgets, including development, analysis of spending, and periodic reporting
- Assist with audit preparation by gathering various documents and information
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Deep commitment to LWR&IMA core values; ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or the equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in office administration – 3-5 years.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and successfully prioritize, organize and carry out multiple projects and tasks efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative/be a self-starter with limited supervision, and ability to accept supervision.
- Accurate and attentive to detail in project tracking and monitoring, writing, editing, typing, and filing
- Experience with an international development or relief organization is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the creation of and reconciliation of budgets
- Demonstrated expertise in the preparation of complex documents
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access.
- Excellent English language and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. Impeccable tact and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Ability to take quick, accurate notes and transcribe from dictation notes.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization at internal and external events
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Manage contacts at all levels, using tact and discretion.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff, board members and outside contacts at all levels, using tact and discretion.
- A curiosity about development and humanitarian work and the places where LWR&IMA works.