The Christian Reformed Church in North America is looking for a full-time (40 hours/ week) Senior Administrative Assistant to manage all administrative and office support activities of the Director of Operations.
To apply, complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover letter by January 22, 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
1. Provide general office administrative support, as directed.
2. Answer and screen phone calls, provide information as needed.
3. Respond to requests for information and materials and ensure proper handling of correspondence, as directed.
4. Monitor director’s e-mail correspondence and forward to other appropriate staff, as needed.
5. Maintain director’s calendar, schedule appointments and coordinate all logistics for meetings and routine conferences, including travel.
6. Assist in the preparation and distribution of all agenda materials for assigned agency boards, synod, and/or committees, record and distribute minutes as needed.
7. Coordinate and organize aspects of special events (e.g., researching and choosing venues, arranging travel and transportation of attendees, collecting and organizing event material and other necessary logistics), as applicable.
8. Prepare, including drafting and editing, correspondence, presentations, and reports as assigned.
9. Communicate information on behalf of director, as requested.
10. Input pertinent information into the denominational database system, as applicable.
11. Organize and maintain all correspondence, files and official organizational records.
12. Prepare, process and track invoices, check requests and expense reports as applicable.
13. Routine copying, printing and gathering of information, as needed.
14. Work with appropriate department to ensure that information is correct and up to date on applicable web sites, as applicable.
15. Coordinate programs and/or projects specific to a department that are delegated by the supervisor.
16. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA.
2. Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in commonly used computer applications
3. Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and deadlines, etc.
4. Proven ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team environment.
5. Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contacts.
1. Some college coursework
2. Prior office administrative experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.