The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has an opening for a full-time Senior Administrative Assistant in our Burlington, Ontario office. This position will provide all administrative assistance and support to the Canadian Ministries Director (CMD), and be responsible for supervision of the Canadian Ministry Office as well as being the key support staff member to the Canadian side of the Council of Delegates (CRCNA-Canada Corporation) and other uniquely Canadian ministries including the Canadian Aboriginal Ministries Committee and the Centre for Public Dialogue. To apply complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover letter by November 22, 2019.
Canadian Ministries Director
1. Identify those issues addressed to the CMD which need to be assigned to other, appropriate staff for action.
2. Manage the workflow for the office of the CMD.
3. Administer email communication of CMD and maintain confidentiality of communications.
4. Coordinate and consolidate a wide range of incoming materials, and respond as appropriate.
5. Coordinate accurate and efficient preparation of materials for Canadian Ministries Team (CMT) meetings. Ensure accurate and timely preparation and distribution of minutes and post meeting documents.
6. Organize and assist in administrative support for other Canadian ministry staff: Communications Manager (RCM) / Director of the Centre for Public Dialogue, Canadian Aboriginal Committee (CAMC), Justice Communications and Education Coordinator, Justice Mobilizer and Connections.
7. Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and appropriate formatting for all written communications from the CMD.
8. Coordinate and manage the calendar of meetings for the CMD.
9. Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient record keeping, filing, and information retrieval for all official organizational records for the CMO.
10. Serve as liaison for other agency personnel in the Burlington office to the CMD.
11. Oversee and attend to details for special events and guests that connect with the Canadian Ministries Office (National Gatherings, Stated Clerks Gathering, new ministry staff in the CRC in Canada etc.).
12. Maintain a relationship with Canadian travel agency contractors, and assist in resolving any issues that may arise.
13. Manage the “Marriage License in Ontario” program. Ensures compliance with all legal regulations by administering accurate record keeping and processing of information. Manage continuing communication with all pastors in the province of Ontario to ensure their compliance with the program. Manage all aspects of the “Temporary Marriage License” program to ensure legal compliance.
14. Perform other tasks as requested by the CMD.
Denominational Office for CRCNA-Canada Corporation
1. Coordinate the preparation, writing, and planning of the agenda and its distribution. Administer distribution of minutes and related post-meeting materials.
2. Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient record keeping, filing, and information retrieval for all official organizational records and for the CRCNA-Canada Corporation.
3. Coordinate the logistical arrangements for CRCNA-Canada Corporation.
4. Assist with the coordination of logistical arrangements for COD meetings.
1. Serve as primary liaison on behalf of the offices of the Canadian Ministries director to each classis, stated clerks of classis, and Classical Interim Committees (or equivalent), including ensuring receipt of all minutes of classis meetings and related communications.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
2. Proficient computer skills, using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SalesForce.
3. Demonstrated professional communication skills, both written and verbal. Above average proficiency in English grammar is required.
4. Demonstrated ability and experience to conceptualize, consolidate, organize and implement routine administrative and office functions.
5. Demonstrated maturity and ability to perform well under stress.
6. Demonstrated well-developed organizational skills with excellent attention to detail, follow-through and initiative.
7. Possess the ability to work comfortably with a wide variety of staff members and outside associates, organize work flow, set priorities, effectively manage one’s own time, and willingly serve others.
8. Possess a deserved reputation for integrity and trust.
9. An interdependent team player.
- Some college coursework preferred
- At least three years of experience in an administrative support position is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.